Sponsors: 32 Red?

IslandExile

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

1206635831_Screenshot_20210519-195828_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7d844dd31ac60b906b1def463e2364d1.jpg

I'm led to believe that there is a distinct possibility that this could be emblazoned upon the forthcoming seasons shirts.

No chance.

Dave would have to cut mine and Boycies wages to afford that sort of sponsorship.

Oh, wait a min, Boycies just messaged me summat about opposing fire and rehire practices.....?

51 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has anyone ever started gambling on the back of seeing a betting company sponsoring a football team? I mean really?

You’ve got a point. Though I think the in play advertising causes many people to bet too much

But as others say above, the sector needs much more regulation.  All this sponsorship and advertising means the betting companies have clubs, media, players, pundits etc in their pockets. The whole sports industry has a vested interest in sports betting being successful. I reckon that largely explains why the politicians don’t want to get tough. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has anyone ever started gambling on the back of seeing a betting company sponsoring a football team? I mean really?

The liberalisation in general and the football advertising in particular has totally normalised betting in this country. You cannot watch sport without a betting ad showing the lads having a punt and some bantz over their bets or some other fun message about what a great social activity it is. That has made a massive difference.

Betting used to be treated like hard liquor. Then it went the other way, as though it's no more harmful than shandy. See it everywhere, get it anywhere, fun for all the family.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

The liberalisation in general and the football advertising in particular has totally normalised betting in this country. You cannot watch sport without a betting ad showing the lads having a punt and some bantz over their bets or some other fun message about what a great social activity it is. That has made a massive difference.

Betting used to be treated like hard liquor. Then it went the other way, as though it's no more harmful than shandy. See it everywhere, get it anywhere, fun for all the family.

Personally I'm not a fan of restricting advertising of any product. 

If they are so harmful then ban the activity altogether.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

What really annoys me (as much as the actual harm gambling can cause) is the 'tightening' link with sport, the constant suggestion that football/sport can't be fun or exciting unless you bet money on it.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What really annoys me (as much as the actual harm gambling can cause) is the 'tightening' link with sport, the constant suggestion that football/sport can't be fun or exciting unless you bet money on it.

Lets be honest, it was probably true this season ?