Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

I'm excited about tonight's lineup! Some good rock bands coming up.

The first band of today is Kingwhip, which could be one hell of a superband, but it also might end up just a side project for all of them. We'll see how much time they'll invest in this. Influenced by Black Sabbath (listen to the sick bass line), Therapy? (guitarist) and other older rock, even though the tempo is a bit faster.

The headliner is Rückwater, whose groovy stoner/grunge sounds magnificent live. The drums are up for a hell of a beating 🙂  Greatly influenced by 90's grunge they have plenty of different sorts of songs, but this might be my favorite. It's well spent almost nine minutes if rock potpourri is your thing:

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Saw the Sex Pistols on Friday at Rock City , great gig , brilliant atmosphere, Frank Carter was excellent as lead singer , a new album being rumoured 

It was a fantastic gig, and as you say Frank was excellent, it was obvious that he was really enjoying himself both on stage and when he came down in to the pit for “Satellite”. I also thought that the support act Molotov, who I’d not seen before, were very good.

On Saturday I managed to get back from Sheffield in time to see Mad Dog McCrea and Derbyshire band 5 Hills Out at the Rescue Rooms, both of whom were top notch.

Edited by NG2Ram

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Just got tickets to see Paul Heaton at Bramall Lane on 25 May next year. Supported by Lightening Seeds and Shed Seven, should be a good night!

The Lightning Seeds are playing here in Valencia next thursday. Unfortunately I can't make it. I saw them in 97 and they were excelent.

I saw Springsteen at Wembley with my kids. They are crazy to go and see him again so got tickets for Anfield in June.

Hotels prices already a fortune, so was thinking of staying out of City, then driving in for the day. Anyone know if University Hospital is a good location to park. Seems close to centre to look around in day, then 45 min walk to Anfield. Anyone got any better suggestions?

I’m going to see Fontaines DC next month. Heard a couple of songs on the radio which I liked but I hadn’t listened to them properly until I watched their Glasto set this summer. I love the grunge influence in their music.

Should have been at The Last Dinner Party gig in Nottingham last month but it was cancelled the day before 😟

On 10/10/2024 at 09:41, richinspain said:

The Lightning Seeds are playing here in Valencia next thursday. Unfortunately I can't make it. I saw them in 97 and they were excelent.

Theyre on at rock city December i think, not as glam location but its a venue and half to be fair.

got myself tickets for cast there next friday, cant wait 

If anyone has a spare ticket for blossoms at rocko next wednesday id happily cross their palms with silver

saw them in manchester a month or so ago and the were incredible would give my right nut to see them again next week 

On 12/10/2024 at 23:43, B4’s Sister said:

I’m going to see Fontaines DC next month. Heard a couple of songs on the radio which I liked but I hadn’t listened to them properly until I watched their Glasto set this summer. I love the grunge influence in their music.

Should have been at The Last Dinner Party gig in Nottingham last month but it was cancelled the day before 😟

Fontaines are excellent, enjoy

On 12/10/2024 at 15:44, ariotofmyown said:

I saw Springsteen at Wembley with my kids. They are crazy to go and see him again so got tickets for Anfield in June.

Hotels prices already a fortune, so was thinking of staying out of City, then driving in for the day. Anyone know if University Hospital is a good location to park. Seems close to centre to look around in day, then 45 min walk to Anfield. Anyone got any better suggestions?

Park in Liverpool South Parkway station (free, but no overnight allowed) and jump on the local trains.