Rubbish

Day

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/04/2021 at 12:05, ColonelBlimp said:

The thought of picking up warm dog poo in a thin plastic bag turns my stomach 

One of the many reasons I'll never get a dog.

Yes I always go ‘double bag’ myself just in case #oncetornneverforgotten 

?

On 01/04/2021 at 12:05, ColonelBlimp said:

The thought of picking up warm dog poo in a thin plastic bag turns my stomach 

One of the many reasons I'll never get a dog.

I have the dog poo straight into the bag. I don't understand why people have the dog poo on the ground first and then people pick it up.

But one of the very many ways in which the world nowadays is better than in the past, is that there's very rarely dog poo on the pavements anymore. As a kid I'd find myself treading in it all the time.

58 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I have the dog poo straight into the bag. I don't understand why people have the dog poo on the ground first and then people pick it up.

Whaaaaat? You can’t be serious ?

On 01/04/2021 at 00:27, Carl Sagan said:

Well done to the good people of York

Us yorkshire folk say it as it is or put it up on a poster and tell you how it is.

Unfortunately spoilt lazy kids today are being brought up by spoilt lazy kids who are tossers and think every problem is down to it being someone else's problem. I was brought up to put rubbish in the nearest bin and if that meant carrying it for a bit until I found a bin, no problem, or if I couldn't find one, simply take it home and put it in my house bin.

If I dropped rubbish, I'd get a proper telling off and a clip around the lugs, or a slapped behind or slapped legs and I wouldn't do it again. The kids today don't even think they are doing anything wrong, leaving tents, rubbish on beaches, at festivals etc. Zero Tolerance.

And as for dog owners that think it's ok for their dogs to mess everywhere, or to waste their time and the councils time to put their mess in a bag, then place it on the floor beside a bin, hang it on trees, fling it in a bush, or put it on a bridge, or on top of roofs, on top of signs or wherever they think a bag of dog mess belongs other than in a dog mess bin, only god knows, how their warped brain works.

Yes I work for the council, and yes, many hours, and many pounds of the council tax that you pay are wasted doing work that is not required, if everyone cared about everyone elses world and wonderful planet, if only, and if I see any of you dropping rubbish or leaving your bags of dog mess in ridiculous places, I'm going to clip you round your lugs with a waste truck, a jcb digger, a sit on mower, a mower, or better still I'll put you in the back of the waste truck with the rubbish and personally drive you to a land sight and burry you with the rubbish where you all belong. Zero Tolerance!

On 01/04/2021 at 11:13, Mostyn6 said:

In honesty, there are nutrients in dog poo that help wildlife, so i look around and if nobody is around, i nudge the poo out of an area a child might play, and into wild grassy areas. 

That I have to cut for a living, and waste hours of my life, untangling plastic bags of poo that are wrapped around the blades of my machinery, taking me longer to do the job whilst having to put up with the stink of dog mess, if not already on my gloves, all at the greater expense of the council tax payer. With many councils in debt, workers constantly losing their jobs, and council tax going up, yeah thanks!

And lets not bother adding up all the hours wasted of being stuck behind hedges and in shrub areas picking up all the bags of dog poo that are flung in, because the dog walker, just can't be bothered about thinking about others!

It's been a wonderful sunny weekend, loads of dog walkers out and about, and I just can't wait to go back to work on Monday to clear up all the lazy so and so's rubbish and bags of discarded dog poo!

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Inverurie Ram dog poo is NOT litter. No more litter than pigeon poo or fox poo. It’s degradable, it’s food for other animals. I’m with you all the way on kfc bags, beer cans and crisp packets etc but putting dogshit in a plastic bag is worse than flicking it into shrubbery. 

I never said it was litter.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Inverurie Ram you clearly missed my point. DONT PUT POO IN PLASTIC BAGS. i flick a turd into undergrowth, it’ll be gone within 24 hours. 

Dog poo is full of parasites, use a bio degradable bag take him and compost it.  Then at some stage it becomes usable.  Not when it is raw

4 hours ago, David said:

Whaaaaat? You can’t be serious ?

Totally serious. When he wants to go, have him wait, hold the bag under him and he does it straight into the bag. Little Westie who thinks he's a Human so maybe has picked up Human habits? Never had any problems. Can't fathom why other people don't do this.

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Totally serious. When he wants to go, have him wait, hold the bag under him and he does it straight into the bag. Little Westie who thinks he's a Human so maybe has picked up Human habits? Never had any problems. Can't fathom why other people don't do this.

Mine likes to circle several drop locations before unloading, think he would freak out if I dashed to open a bag under his bum....can see half of it being smeared over my hand!

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Inverurie Ram you clearly missed my point. DONT PUT POO IN PLASTIC BAGS. i flick a turd into undergrowth, it’ll be gone within 24 hours. 

I clearly didn't miss your point and unfortunately I didn't miss the very many turds that have not gone within the 24 hours either wherever you and many others have flicked them.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I clearly didn't miss your point and unfortunately I didn't miss the very many turds that have not gone within the 24 hours either wherever you and many others have flicked them.

I just walk the dog around Lincoln's St Giles. Dog poo just improves the area. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Do you poo into plastic bags in front of him?

1 hour ago, David said:

Mine likes to circle several drop locations before unloading, think he would freak out if I dashed to open a bag under his bum....can see half of it being smeared over my hand!

My old boy used to prevaricate for ages before finding the right spot, usually backing into a hedge with just his head sticking out.

It was always exciting not knowing if you were going to get a thorn through the bag..........

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

My old boy used to prevaricate for ages before finding the right spot, usually backing into a hedge with just his head sticking out.

It was always exciting not knowing if you were going to get a thorn through the bag..........

My friend used to have a dog who would find a wall, turn her bum to it, walk backwards and put both back legs on the wall. Then she would poo and make it stick to the wall. This was the 80s when you left it where it was dropped, nobody went round picking it up. 

Archived