The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my winter boosters/jabs for both Covid and Flu yesterday.

6 hours later, severe stomach cramps. Up much of the night chatting to Bill and Hughie. The last time I felt so ill was when I collapsed with Swine Flu and had first-hand experience of the machine that goes "Pinnnnng".

Got to sleep just after first light, got out of bed at noon.

Water only for the next couple of days. I can't even keep coffee down.

Edited by Eddie

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Had my winter boosters/jabs for both Covid and Flu yesterday.

6 hours later, severe stomach cramps. Up much of the night chatting to Bill and Hughie. The last time I felt so ill was when I collapsed with Swine Flu and had first-hand experience of the machine that goes "Pinnnnng".

Got to sleep just after first light, got out of bed at noon.

Water only for the next couple of days. I can't even keep coffee down.

Glad I haven’t had mine now.

Just had covid for the second time ( perhaps more times ??‍♂️), daughter for third time , wife had it three times , just like a common cold ,washed out for a few days , chesty cough,,,, 

I know loads of people who are catching this and similar symptoms despite pumping these so called vaccines into they re  bodies , jeez i know people who are on they’re FIFTH JAB ffs and catching it

Edited by Archied

I had the original strain back in Feb 2020. It was brutal, but I've swerved it since. I worked in an office where all 7 colleague went off positive last June, I was testing twice a day in that workplace and was negative every time. Then in November, I shared digs and two car journey (Minehead and back) with 2 blokes who both went down with it, I was fine. Same in the office in January, and again last week. 

I wonder if those that had the first variant are more resistant to it now.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I had the original strain back in Feb 2020. It was brutal, but I've swerved it since. I worked in an office where all 7 colleague went off positive last June, I was testing twice a day in that workplace and was negative every time. Then in November, I shared digs and two car journey (Minehead and back) with 2 blokes who both went down with it, I was fine. Same in the office in January, and again last week. 

I wonder if those that had the first variant are more resistant to it now.

You had what is known as the full blown Boris Johnson version. I got a booster the week before Christmas last year then got Covid on Christmas Eve.

41 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just had covid for the second time ( perhaps more times ??‍♂️), daughter for third time , wife had it three times , just like a common cold ,washed out for a few days , chesty cough,,,, 

I know loads of people who are catching this and similar symptoms despite pumping these so called vaccines into they re  bodies , jeez i know people who are on they’re FIFTH JAB ffs and catching it

Mind-control 5G microchips, surely?

Had my flu jab this morning - no adverse reaction at all so far, much as last year. 

Got next Covid jab on Wednesday, which I'm pleased about because the R rate is now between 1.1-1.3 for England and I've got a couple of trips away in November. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Mind-control 5G microchips, surely?

Not really , just doesn’t stop covid yet pumped into the masses that don’t need it at the risk of adverse reaction including death which believe it or not have happened, Scandinavian countries stopping jabs for under 50 s ,Florida stopping jabs for men between certain age range , the media in the main still turning a blind eye to vaccine damage and excess non covid deaths amongst the younger gen currently affecting the U.K. and other countries but hey ho ,

Edited by Archied

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

Had my flu jab this morning - no adverse reaction at all so far, much as last year. 

Got next Covid jab on Wednesday, which I'm pleased about because the R rate is now between 1.1-1.3 for England and I've got a couple of trips away in November. 

Serious question, how do you (or they, who is is measuring it) no what the R rate is when hardly anyone is testing now ?

Also as it seems now the impact is maybe a cold for a day or two, why are we even measuring it? 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Serious question, how do you (or they, who is is measuring it) no what the R rate is when hardly anyone is testing now ?

Also as it seems now the impact is maybe a cold for a day or two, why are we even measuring it? 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-value-and-growth-rate

The BMJ earlier this week said that the number of hospitalisations due to Covid had doubled since the beginning of September. It's something to be aware of even if you believe that Covid is nothing to be concerned about, because it could affect your ability to get speedy treatment for other conditions due to bed shortages etc. 

As to the "light cold" symptoms you refer to I can only say that peoples' experiences vary. Most vaccinated people get off lightly, some unvaccinated people don't. My sister had it recently for the first time - not too surprising as she works at a hospital and it occurred a month or so before she became eligible for her next booster. It laid her out. She was 'positive' for two weeks but wasn't fit to work anyway and even after she tested negative didn't feel up to going back to work and so took 2 weeks of her holiday allowance to get right. Even now, she's not fully right. 

In a nutshell, there isn't a "typical" Covid experience, even among the sceptical. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

The BMJ earlier this week said that the number of hospitalisations due to Covid had doubled since the beginning of September. It's something to be aware of even if you believe that Covid is nothing to be concerned about, because it could affect your ability to get speedy treatment for other conditions due to bed shortages etc. 

As to the "light cold" symptoms you refer to I can only say that peoples' experiences vary. Most vaccinated people get off lightly, some unvaccinated people don't. My sister had it recently for the first time - not too surprising as she works at a hospital and it occurred a month or so before she became eligible for her next booster. It laid her out. She was 'positive' for two weeks but wasn't fit to work anyway and even after she tested negative didn't feel up to going back to work and so took 2 weeks of her holiday allowance to get right. Even now, she's not fully right. 

In a nutshell, there isn't a "typical" Covid experience, even among the sceptical. 

Agee with all you said, but how are they measuring an R rate when people aren’t testing? The link states it’s an estimate so are we guessing based on hospitalisations maybe. I’m also sceptical on comments like “hospitalisations are doubling” if something goes from 1 to 2 it’s doubled, what numbers do they actually mean and how many people have actually contracted the illness in hosptial etc. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Perhaps bed blocking due to forcing care sector worker s ( 40,000 ish) out for not having the jab despite it not stopping the spread is a bigger problem 

Edited by Archied

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

Perhaps bed blocking due to forcing care sector worker s ( 40,000 ish) out for not having the jab despite it not stopping the spread is a bigger problem 

The proposed mandatory vaccination for care home and health workers was repealed before the cut-off date came into force. Some care workers undoubtedly decide to leave the sector because of this impending deadline, though I don't know where your 40,000 figure comes from. Allot of care workers left the sector because they were either burnt-out and/or could earn better pay more easily working for Amazon, say. The sector has struggled to replace these people because the government's immigration policy has made it harder to recruit overseas staff - that's not the vaccine's doing. I don't think though that 'bed-blocking' involving elderly patients is currently a major issue (well, no more than it usually is) because we're not yet into Winter - by January, it undoubtedly will be.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Agee with all you said, but how are they measuring an R rate when people aren’t testing? The link states it’s an estimate so are we guessing based on hospitalisations maybe. I’m also sceptical on comments like “hospitalisations are doubling” if something goes from 1 to 2 it’s doubled, what numbers do they actually mean and how many people have actually contracted the illness in hosptial etc. 

With less people testing and reporting, they work retrospectively, using data taken from admissions by Hospital Trusts etc. The estimated 'R' rate will therefore be anything up to a month out of date because, as you say, far fewer people are testing and reporting the results (though anyone working in the health sector is still required to). Recording of hospital-acquired Covid infections are, of course, imprecise, and the source of that infection (eg: another patient, a member of staff or a member of the public) impossible to determine, but I know that it's been a major concern throughout the pandemic. There a fair few studies that you can find online that compare the VL infectiousness of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals and all the ones I've seen conclude that the latter are a greater risk to others than the former. That may not be a great problem in most situations, but in health facilities it is obviously a concern.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The proposed mandatory vaccination for care home and health workers was repealed before the cut-off date came into force. Some care workers undoubtedly decide to leave the sector because of this impending deadline, though I don't know where your 40,000 figure comes from. Allot of care workers left the sector because they were either burnt-out and/or could earn better pay more easily working for Amazon, say. The sector has struggled to replace these people because the government's immigration policy has made it harder to recruit overseas staff - that's not the vaccine's doing. I don't think though that 'bed-blocking' involving elderly patients is currently a major issue (well, no more than it usually is) because we're not yet into Winter - by January, it undoubtedly will be.

First fall in carehome workers in a decade;

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/oct/11/englands-social-care-workforce-shrinks-for-first-time-in-10-years

Lost 50k workers in the past 12 months (on top of 100k+ shortfall previously)

Sure wages and working conditions aren't enticing many people into the profession, but this was an entirely predictable outcome of the mandate policy - more so considering that its never stopped transmission ?

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/social-care/warning-many-care-workers-will-not-return-to-jobs-despite-vaccine-rule-change-02-03-2022/