The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

26 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yes I have decided on the contrary as I have seen a “long Covid” story on the BBC news app at least once a week. And it’s coverage increases as Covid gets less impactful to the population, it was the same last summer, hospitalisations dropped and out came the long Covid stories. The continuation of the fear tactic from the MSM has to be driven by some rhetoric, when Covid dissipates out comes long Covid. 

Yes and long vaccine reaction is just pie in the sky to be dismissed but long covid ,oh no we just don’t know what it does with any and every I’ll being associated to it at any point ,, survive the vaccine three days and it’s job done all good  ,have a blood clot 12 months after covid it’s long covid ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Yes I have decided on the contrary as I have seen a “long Covid” story on the BBC news app at least once a week.

Wow are they really reporting once per week on a potentially serious impact of the worst pandemic in a century?

I can see why you're outraged.

I was in the car for about 2 hours yesterday and I heard the Djokovic story several times on Radio 5, on radio 4 when I turned over and then on Radio 1 for ducks sake and I couldn't give a damn.

Is a tennis player being stopped at customs really so important? More important than something like long covid?

The Formula 1 finale was wall-to-wall for several days, and the European Super League breakaway was all I ever heard for 10 days or so when that was mooted and even made it to the Houses of Parliament.

I agree with you that I think the BBC have hot their priorities wrong. Only I think we should be hearing more about long covid and the research into it.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I am fully capable of looking at all sides of an argument and reaching my own conclusions thanks ?  

Whereas I could be wrong, especially as I haven't posted as much in this thread recently, I don't remember you posting anything from a source that contradicts Jamie Jenkins other than to ridicule it.

I've posted a bunch of stuff that I think questionable, just like saying I was highly suspicious of the father saying there were 117k kids suffering from long covid. I also was posted an article from The Conversation about the research suggesting omicron may not be that serious before it hit all the MSM sources at once and you guys jumped all over it.

I said at the time that I thought it was interesting nobody commented on it.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yes and long vaccine reaction is just pie in the sky to be dismissed but long covid ,oh no we just don’t know what it does with any and every I’ll being associated to it at any point ,, survive the vaccine three days and it’s job done all good  ,have a blood clot 12 months after covid it’s long covid ??‍♂️

If I die of an exploded baalock in 20 years time I’ll be furious.??

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

So lets have a new Jamie Jenkins stat, cos I know you all like those...

Without passing comment on covid and its toll, perhaps if the Govt had simply funnelled £37bn into the NHS rather than track and trace and whatever other failed schemes they dreamed up we'd be in a far better position already.

Listening to that guy Jenkins just confirms what I said before. His selective use of statistics was designed to push the agenda that we are focusing too much on COVID and neglecting other health conditions. I could tell that was his agenda just by how he was quoting stats out of context, and this video confirms that.

What sort of witness is he?  A very bad one A proper witness would promise to tell the truth, the whole truth  and nothing but the truth. He just misses the whole truth bit out, won't tell the facts that don't support his agenda.

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Whereas I could be wrong, especially as I haven't posted as much in this thread recently, I don't remember you posting anything from a source that contradicts Jamie Jenkins other than to ridicule it.

If he posts something that is incorrect I'm sure there will be a number of people that will take glee in calling him out.

Meanwhile the misinformation coming from the Govt and media continues abound.

19 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wow are they really reporting once per week on a potentially serious impact of the worst pandemic in a century?

I can see why you're outraged.

I was in the car for about 2 hours yesterday and I heard the Djokovic story several times on Radio 5, on radio 4 when I turned over and then on Radio 1 for ducks sake and I couldn't give a damn.

Is a tennis player being stopped at customs really so important? More important than something like long covid?

The Formula 1 finale was wall-to-wall for several days, and the European Super League breakaway was all I ever heard for 10 days or so when that was mooted and even made it to the Houses of Parliament.

I agree with you that I think the BBC have hot their priorities wrong. Only I think we should be hearing more about long covid and the research into it.

Yeah I guess for you it’s really important for me I couldn’t give a flying duck and I’m sick of hearing about something that will not impact me or my family one bit, however due to the likes of you lapping it up, loving it and wanting to hear about it none stop we will continually have to put up with all the ******** that comes with it. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Listening to that guy Jenkins just confirms what I said before. His selective use of statistics was designed to push the agenda that we are focusing too much on COVID and neglecting other health conditions. I could tell that was his agenda just by how he was quoting stats out of context, and this video confirms that.

What sort of witness is he?  A very bad one A proper witness would promise to tell the truth, the whole truth  and nothing but the truth. He just misses the whole truth bit out, won't tell the facts that don't support his agenda.

You are welcome to your opinion of course, I think you're utterly wrong, but you're entitled to it non-the-less ?

If I look at his data and see that it is exactly the same as published Govt data but then hear Govt officials and the media say something wildly different, I know who I am going to put my faith in and I know who I am going to question.

You can criticize him for the agenda you have given him but I don't see anyone criticizing the accuracy of the data.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

What about 'long covid death' that 150,000 are now suffering from?

Bloody malingerers.

58 minutes ago, maxjam said:

You are welcome to your opinion of course, I think you're utterly wrong, but you're entitled to it non-the-less ?

If I look at his data and see that it is exactly the same as published Govt data but then hear Govt officials and the media say something wildly different, I know who I am going to put my faith in and I know who I am going to question.

You can criticize him for the agenda you have given him but I don't see anyone criticizing the accuracy of the data.

Its not an opinion. It's a fact. Saying 80k extra people have died other from COVID in private homes, but not saying that is balanced by a similar reduction in numbers of non COVID patients  dying in hospitals is not telling the whole truth, is it.? It's giving only one part of the true picture , and a very unbalanced one.   Here's what ONS said in May 2021

"Deaths in hospital from causes other than COVID-19 fell by more than 40,000 (16%)"... just in period to May 2021.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsathomeincreasedbyathirdin2020whiledeathsinhospitalsfellexceptforcovid19/2021-05-07

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

For someone who still seems to be something of a cheerleader for Mel Morris, I find your second paragraph quite amusing.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Is long covid not just the same thing as post viral fatigue, which is a known about thing and has been for years. 

A thing that is poorly understood and has had relatively little research, so it's irrelevant whether we know of it.

I was told I had that after getting glandular fever and being off work for about 6 weeks in 1980 but they had no clue what is was. 

The sheer amount of people getting it now is the concern. 
https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/long-covid-we-ve-been-here-before

49 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

For someone who still seems to be something of a cheerleader for Mel Morris, I find your second paragraph quite amusing.

Mel Morris is a businessman. I don't really expect  the whole truth from them. What did you expect him to say? We're in deep poo and I don't know whether we can avoid going into administration?

But someone who goes on the internet "fact-checking" what other people are saying, while simultaneuously twisting the facts themselves, well that is just sheer hypocrisy. 

22 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

A thing that is poorly understood and has had relatively little research, so it's irrelevant whether we know of it.

I was told I had that after getting glandular fever and being off work for about 6 weeks in 1980 but they had no clue what is was. 

The sheer amount of people getting it now is the concern. 
https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/long-covid-we-ve-been-here-before

But isn't the reason it was poorly understood because it isn't too serious of a condition? A slight overhang from an illness and nothing too concerning other than this. I agree if a huge amount of people are now getting it, it's certainly worth looking into, do we have reliable a estimate number in relation to this? I haven't looked too much into it. 

24 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But someone who goes on the internet "fact-checking" what other people are saying, while simultaneuously twisting the facts themselves, well that is just sheer hypocrisy. 

By someone going on the internet you mean an award winning data analyst that was previously Head of Health Analysis at the ONS.

When the person lecturing us about 'sheer hypocrisy' is a dude on a Derby forum I know who I'd rather listen to!

Edited by maxjam

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

By someone going on the internet you mean an award winning data analyst that was previously Head of Health Analysis at the ONS.

When the person lecturing us about 'sheer hypocrisy' is a dude on a Derby forum I know who I'd rather listen to!

Hang on ,hang on , he’s been peer reviewed on here by the elite s????

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

Let’s see when real numbers are visited by someone like Jenkins , 

To be fair he did post this a little earlier;

He highlights a few caveats in the replies but in short deaths will likely rise over the next few weeks whilst we get over the omicron blip which is already subsiding in London.

Edited by maxjam