The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

18 hours ago, Archied said:

You are the exact position I really despise the scientist , government and especially the gov employed behavioural scientists for and I mean despise ,,, they have made you really fear killing the ones you love ,,, 

look at the figures properly,, people are not lucky to survive covid , they are extremely extremely extremely unlucky if they get really ill or die from catching it ,,, the tactics used on decent people has been and still is a disgrace and I mean decent because it’s decency they are manipulating,,,,,,, fear trumps facts and thought??‍♂️

I've actually enjoyed reading most of your posts on this thread. There's a lot that resonates with me such as your comments about the  problems created by working from home. Good post from AngryRam as well.

I agree with your concern over the morality of innoculating the young, especially when scientists don't seem sure whether or not it could long term health issues. I worry, too, about the effects of disrupted education and the effects of isolation at the very time when children need to be socializing and playing with their friends for their physical, social and emotional development. For so many children school is a haven and a vital support and essential to their health and safety. Covid is probably here to stay and isolation is not the way forward and as you said in your post, our amazing immune system is only so strong because of our contact with lots of germy folk. Look at the number of forest tribes that were wiped out because their people were killed by diseases such as measles, brought in by outsiders.

There's an old saying, 'Trust in God, but tie up your camel' and I guess that's my stance at the moment. I believe that we will be ok, but I'll still tie up my camel just in case. My caution about wearing a mask in certain circumstances is not born out of a morbid fear of killing vulnerable family members, but from pragmatism, commonsense and consideration.

I'll stop there because I have written enough and anyway I've got to go and look for a missing camel.

Excited Run GIF by TLC

55 minutes ago, Archied said:

Same old tactic rather than answer , shall I forward your post to someone that’s perhaps lost someone to suicide through this , other untreated causes, had to let their loved ones die alone , live alone in care homes not understanding why relatives have abandoned them , live alone in lonely homes , lost their jobs ,business s , homes ect ect ect ,

you may kid yourself your sitting on some moral high ground but you are not 

That would make sense if I was saying everyone should isolate forever and who cares about their mental health.

I was actually saying it was probably worth wearing a mask if you are indoors with someone vulnerable when we are approaching 50k cases a day.

19 hours ago, maxjam said:

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” - Mark Twain.

Unfortunately in this day and age lies can quickly become fact and only get corrected/removed if it offends facebook/twitter/youtube etc.

Love that quote! How true! ?

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

I've actually enjoyed reading most of your posts on this thread. There's a lot that resonates with me such as your comments about the  problems created by working from home. Good post from AngryRam as well.

I agree with your concern over the morality of innoculating the young, especially when scientists don't seem sure whether or not it could long term health issues. I worry, too, about the effects of disrupted education and the effects of isolation at the very time when children need to be socializing and playing with their friends for their physical, social and emotional development. For so many children school is a haven and a vital support and essential to their health and safety. Covid is probably here to stay and isolation is not the way forward and as you said in your post, our amazing immune system is only so strong because of our contact with lots of germy folk. Look at the number of forest tribes that were wiped out because their people were killed by diseases such as measles, brought in by outsiders.

There's an old saying, 'Trust in God, but tie up your camel' and I guess that's my stance at the moment. I believe that we will be ok, but I'll still tie up my camel just in case. My caution about wearing a mask in certain circumstances is not born out of a morbid fear of killing vulnerable family members, but from pragmatism, commonsense and consideration.

I'll stop there because I have written enough and anyway I've got to go and look for a missing camel.

Excited Run GIF by TLC

I’m really glad you don’t see my posts as some kind of insensitive uncaring yob as some would like to paint , it’s not my intention and never would be , we are all in different positions and affected in different ways by all of this and there’s lots that has to be talked about in general terms because it’s policies and actions that are for 70 mill people , it’s a real pleasure to be able to talk honestly and openly ,

all the best for you and your family?

44 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

That would make sense if I was saying everyone should isolate forever and who cares about their mental health.

I was actually saying it was probably worth wearing a mask if you are indoors with someone vulnerable when we are approaching 50k cases a day.

Oh come on , it’s fine as long as isolation is not forever???? There are plenty that the isolation we’ve had up till now has been too much and cost their lives or sanity , if your going to use high ground tactics to close down different opinions have the ability to look in the mirror the other way round ,

never mind as the distraction allowed you to swerve a few questions ??‍♂️
what you were actually saying was I should not post regarding what I consider to be disgusting campaign waged on the public from day one because it’s offensive or insensitive to anyone affected by covid

Edited by Archied

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because I dont understand when things will change.

If I am not safe now, I never will be, so when will a point ever arise when I dont  need to wear a mask?

Only time will tell when things will change. I hate wearing a mask as I guess you do. What works for me is carrying one in my pocket and then judging each situation throughout the day. If I am in a crowd indoors,I  wear a mask. Outdoors in a crowd? I do a quick risk assessment and use commonsense. If I feel uncomfortable, I put a mask on etc. I think masks will be not as necessary in the future as they have been but it will still be considerate and polite and even essential in the case of hospital and care home visits. I guess you never know whether you are safe or not because of the incubation period but you have to do a realistic and sensible risk assessment when you are in contact with poorly and elderly relatives.

34 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m really glad you don’t see my posts as some kind of insensitive uncaring yob as some would like to paint , it’s not my intention and never would be , we are all in different positions and affected in different ways by all of this and there’s lots that has to be talked about in general terms because it’s policies and actions that are for 70 mill people , it’s a real pleasure to be able to talk honestly and openly ,

all the best for you and your family?

Thanks, Archied, and all the best to you and yours.

49 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Only time will tell when things will change. I hate wearing a mask as I guess you do. What works for me is carrying one in my pocket and then judging each situation throughout the day. If I am in a crowd indoors,I  wear a mask. Outdoors in a crowd? I do a quick risk assessment and use commonsense. If I feel uncomfortable, I put a mask on etc. I think masks will be not as necessary in the future as they have been but it will still be considerate and polite and even essential in the case of hospital and care home visits. I guess you never know whether you are safe or not because of the incubation period but you have to do a realistic and sensible risk assessment when you are in contact with poorly and elderly relatives.

So based on the assumption that Covid will be with us forever, as has been said, mask wearing will also?

28 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Thanks, Archied, and all the best to you and yours.

Look, I'll let you off I can see you're new here but I can't be doing with all this being nice to people and writing balanced posts, it isn't really the thing to do in this thread.

Pick a side and consistently give heart emojis to the people that agree with you and laughing emojis to everyone else, regardless of the content of whats been posted - its how we roll.

If you've not had several posts removed or picked up a few warning points before your 100th post you're doing it wrong ?

Either that or keep up the good work and don't let any of us old timers get ya down. 

Welcome to the red-headed stepchild thread of the forum!

And @Archied you should know better ? 

3455a7c5-627f-41bd-a265-b1f0c21a86ab_text.gif

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Look, I'll let you off I can see you're new here but I can't be doing with all this being nice to people and writing balanced posts, it isn't really the thing to do in this thread.

Pick a side and consistently give heart emojis to the people that agree with you and laughing emojis to everyone else, regardless of the content of whats been posted - its how we roll.

If you've not had several posts removed or picked up a few warning points before your 100th post you're doing it wrong ?

Either that or keep up the good work and don't let any of us old timers get ya down. 

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

8 minutes ago, maxjam said:

You lttle rascal!!

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So based on the assumption that Covid will be with us forever, as has been said, mask wearing will also?

I'll tell you what, G STAR RAM,  it has been so good this year not to have had a single cold! My family is stricken with the heaviest colds you can possibly imagine and it has saved us a fortune in tissues!

35 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I'll tell you what, G STAR RAM,  it has been so good this year not to have had a single cold! My family is stricken with the heaviest colds you can possibly imagine and it has saved us a fortune in tissues!

Now wait until people start mingling again with their immune systems shot to pieces

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now wait until people start mingling again with their immune systems shot to pieces

Having built up an immunity over many years (especially as a primary school teacher) I don't think my immune system has been 'shot to pieces' over the last year. I think that it all depends on personal circumstances. I'm not sure that the last year has resulted in immune systems to be 'shot to pieces'.  I understand your worry but hope that your concerns are unfounded.

6 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Having built up an immunity over many years (especially as a primary school teacher) I don't think my immune system has been 'shot to pieces' over the last year. I think that it all depends on personal circumstances. I'm not sure that the last year has resulted in immune systems to be 'shot to pieces'.  I understand your worry but hope that your concerns are unfounded.

Your views would appear to be at odds with medical professionals who are expecting a very tough winter ahead.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Your views would appear to be at odds with medical professionals who are expecting a very tough winter ahead.

Winter is always a tough time for the NHS because its the season for flu and all kinds of respiratory problems for the elderly and with the added problems of covid it will no doubt be much tougher than usual. But as long as people are careful, take care of vulnerable friends and relatives, wear masks where required and take extra care... or is that too much to ask?

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Better wear a mask then.

Never had flu in my life, try to avoid medication at all costs, prefer to let a robust immune system fight off any infections, maybe a nation that relies on medication has paid a high price...

18 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Winter is always a tough time for the NHS because its the season for flu and all kinds of respiratory problems for the elderly and with the added problems of covid it will no doubt be much tougher than usual. But as long as people are careful, take care of vulnerable friends and relatives, wear masks where required and take extra care... or is that too much to ask?

I'm not comfortable wearing a mask, is it too much to ask for people who are worried about catching Covid to stay 2 metres away from me?

My step dad falls into the vulnerable category but be says he does not want me to wear a mask in their house anymore, its called managing your own risk.