The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

On what basis do you have doubt? 

Because there's currently no evidence to support claims that Covid vaccines have damaged people's immune systems. 

https://fullfact.org/online/covid-vaccines-natural-immunity/

If, on the other hand, you've had Covid and said you'd noticed that you'd subsequently had respiratory infections that affected you more severely than usual, I wouldn't be surprised, because Covid infections can have that effect (as can more common diseases such as pneumonia and bronchitis), although again much more research needs to be done (and seemingly is being done) to more fully established the connection. 

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

How many people have died in the Uk with vaccine harm mentioned on the death certificate?

Don’t know , what I can say is that I’m not biased , I know loads and loads of people who have had the jabs and don’t know a single person who has died , same as I know loads and loads who have had covid ( before and after covid) and don’t know a single person who has died,

perhaps you could dig some figures out it may give you a more caring and balanced view

51 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Because there's currently no evidence to support claims that Covid vaccines have damaged people's immune systems. 

https://fullfact.org/online/covid-vaccines-natural-immunity/

If, on the other hand, you've had Covid and said you'd noticed that you'd subsequently had respiratory infections that affected you more severely than usual, I wouldn't be surprised, because Covid infections can have that effect (as can more common diseases such as pneumonia and bronchitis), although again much more research needs to be done (and seemingly is being done) to more fully established the connection. 

image.png.a6bff631f3719782e3a1a7d7100aa28d.png

why are you quoting stats from a paid for research org. ? 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Don’t know , what I can say is that I’m not biased , I know loads and loads of people who have had the jabs and don’t know a single person who has died , same as I know loads and loads who have had covid ( before and after covid) and don’t know a single person who has died,

perhaps you could dig some figures out it may give you a more caring and balanced view

Hang on I've dug load of figures out from ONS and from actuary's web sites. I cannot find any stats  that measures how many people have died with "vaccine harm" on their  death certificates. There must be some people who sadly have died that way but I cannot help you with that as there are no numbers I can find. I suspect the numbers are very small. 

How exactly   is that not caring?  I care quite a lot about the effects of COVID , lockdown and the crisis in the NHS and the stats do show those effects. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Hang on I've dug load of figures out from ONS and from actuary's web sites. I cannot find any stats  that measures how many people have died with "vaccine harm" on their  death certificates. There must be some people who sadly have died that way but I cannot help you with that as there are no numbers I can find. I suspect the numbers are very small. 

How exactly   is that not caring?  I care quite a lot about the effects of COVID , lockdown and the crisis in the NHS and the stats do show those effects. 

Interesting,,,,, Vikky spitz was paid by the gov 120 k after her partner died as a result of taking the vaccine, accepted by medics and the government and you can’t find him or any others , im gonna say that that’s about deaths being hidden rather than you not wanting to find any , I do hope that concerns you as as you say even your sure there must be some

Edited by Archied

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Interesting,,,,, Vikky spitz was paid by the gov 120 k after her partner died as a result of taking the vaccine, accepted by medics and the government and you can’t find him or any others , im gonna say that that’s about deaths being hidden rather than you not wanting to find any , I do hope that concerns you as as you say even your sure there must be some

I honestly think nobody has said any vaccine is 100% safe. I linked to MD on private eye (your predictable response was a laughing emoji - I mean seriously, he's a doctor, and he probably aligns more with your views than mine - although he'd encourage you to get your boosters) and one of the key things that he said must happen is an honest conversation about the risks associated with vaccination. We are talking very insignificant levels of risk but it's not zero. I used to think doctors and nurses were joking when they ask if you're allergic to plasters but no, they're being serious. If plasters are enough to get them checking out if you have an allergy you can guarantee injecting people's going to have some effect on somebody somewhere. 

Any medical intervention has a risk. Some people will be affected by the side effects. Some affected people will be very ill. Some very ill people will die or have life changing outcomes. A fraction of a fraction of a fraction, but times millions of doses it does mean some adverse reactions. 

Unfortunately some people would have used the honest conversation to push for people to not get vaccinated, and would have used false data to prove falsehoods. Some of these people are posting on this thread. 

11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Not sure why anyone would choose to have the COVID booster and the flu jab at the same time - both have been known to make people feel crap afterwards so folk decide to double their chances of being ill? I guess it’s mainly people being too lazy to go to two separate appointments….

Have you tried getting one appointment, let alone two? I was advised that, as I am classified as "Extremely vulnerable", I ought to get both as soon as they became available to me.

Next time I require medical advice, you can be sure that I will ask you first. How much do you charge for a consultancy?

I've now had a virtual full-set of Covid vaccines - initial 2-shot AZ, Moderna booster and finally Pfizer booster. Talk about dicing with death, eh?

Only reaction I've had was from the AZ - a stiff/sore upper arm and mild flue-like feeling that lasted a few hours. Nothing from the boosters. I've also had the flu jab these last two years and had no reaction at all. Long may that continue.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I honestly think nobody has said any vaccine is 100% safe. I linked to MD on private eye (your predictable response was a laughing emoji - I mean seriously, he's a doctor, and he probably aligns more with your views than mine - although he'd encourage you to get your boosters) and one of the key things that he said must happen is an honest conversation about the risks associated with vaccination. We are talking very insignificant levels of risk but it's not zero. I used to think doctors and nurses were joking when they ask if you're allergic to plasters but no, they're being serious. If plasters are enough to get them checking out if you have an allergy you can guarantee injecting people's going to have some effect on somebody somewhere. 

Any medical intervention has a risk. Some people will be affected by the side effects. Some affected people will be very ill. Some very ill people will die or have life changing outcomes. A fraction of a fraction of a fraction, but times millions of doses it does mean some adverse reactions. 

Unfortunately some people would have used the honest conversation to push for people to not get vaccinated, and would have used false data to prove falsehoods. Some of these people are posting on this thread. 

Did you not read what I wrote earlier , people are not dropping like flies and millions of vaccines have been administered, I don’t personally know a single person to have died from vaccine, but I do believe proper investigation is more than warranted and people who die or are harmed need treating with respect they deserve , as another poster said earlier he couldn’t find a single recorded vaccine death but was sure there must be some , does that kind of thing fill people with faith in the safety of the vaccine, it doesn’t me??‍♂️, figures say roughly 50% of eligible for boosters are not having them ,

I’ve had covid twice now and don’t want boosters , others may want them and fair play , they’re choice

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Have you tried getting one appointment, let alone two? I was advised that, as I am classified as "Extremely vulnerable", I ought to get both as soon as they became available to me.

Next time I require medical advice, you can be sure that I will ask you first. How much do you charge for a consultancy?

He’s probably as qualified as many administering the jabs?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Got my flu jab at Boots (could have had next day if I’d wanted to) and according to the nhs website there are plenty of opportunities to get a the booster when I decide to….so yes I have tried to get 2 appointments thanks. 
By the way I wasn’t offering medical advice, just suggesting that applying common sense might be appropriate….even more so for those like yourself that have underlying health issues….

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I said there are no numbers I can find. I also said I’m sure there’s some, mainly because I have seen specific reports of individuals . But that isn’t a statistic I can give you .. something more than one. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Did you not read what I wrote earlier , people are not dropping like flies and millions of vaccines have been administered, I don’t personally know a single person to have died from vaccine, but I do believe proper investigation is more than warranted and people who die or are harmed need treating with respect they deserve , as another poster said earlier he couldn’t find a single recorded vaccine death but was sure there must be some , does that kind of thing fill people with faith in the safety of the vaccine, it doesn’t me??‍♂️, figures say roughly 50% of eligible for boosters are not having them ,

I’ve had covid twice now and don’t want boosters , others may want them and fair play , they’re choice

As MD said, we needed an open conversation about the risk of vaccines vs the risk of covid. We never trusted the public enough to have that conversation. Maybe they were right not to, as it seems there's a very vocal minority who aren't interested in the science, of which I include you in that group. The noise from that group has drowned out some legitimate discussion.