U23’s v Leicester

tinman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hard fought victory in the end.  First time i see a keeper come up for three consecutive attacks, felt Idem should have been quicker to get the ball forward when the ball reached him.  Leicester's #6 looks a good defender, their best man of the second half perhaps.  Jordan Brown is my man of the second half for Derby, he is so dependable and versatile, a utility player, the likes of which are always important assets for teams.

Just now, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Thompson has potential 

Agree, Ilike him. It's interesting to watch the team when a few of our best players are back in there. It allows the younger ones to do their thing. 

It feels like the under 23s have been left a bit exposed in some matches this season because so many of our youngsters are with the first team.

I'm not knocking it, but there was better all round team balance tonight. And when you think others are still missing through injury, that was a good performance. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Agree, Ilike him. It's interesting to watch the team when a few of our best players are back in there. It allows the younger ones to do their thing. 

It feels like the under 23s have been left a bit exposed in some matches this season because so many of our youngsters are with the first team.

I'm not knocking it, but there was better all round team balance tonight. And when you think others are still missing through injury, that was a good performance. 

Got to think that some of the youngsters have been pushed forward too soon.

ps Solomon is one to watch ?

I think Sibley showed why he is our biggest prospect and why he doesn't get to the first team. At times sublime, but some Lawrence-like selfishness and tactically very naive decisions goes to show there's still lot to do. Such polishing project can take time, when the diamond is that stubborn...

Watson my MoM. Great game from him. Suitable option for midfield in that that fluid 5-2-3 / 3-4-3 / 5-4-1 along with Shinnie and Knight.

And quick shout for Cresswell. I guess he has been shadowing CKR? Proper nuisance, great to watch!

14 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I think Sibley showed why he is our biggest prospect and why he doesn't get to the first team. At times sublime, but some Lawrence-like selfishness and tactically very naive decisions goes to show there's still lot to do. Such polishing project can take time, when the diamond is that stubborn...

Watson my MoM. Great game from him. Suitable option for midfield in that that fluid 5-2-3 / 3-4-3 / 5-4-1 along with Shinnie and Knight.

And quick shout for Cresswell. I guess he has been shadowing CKR? Proper nuisance, great to watch!

Agree regarding Sibley watching him tonight he does some good things but then shows exactly why he is still some way off of being too good for the 23's , thought some of his decision making was poor.

I thought Watson was good also Soloman will be a good player knocking on the first team door at some stage 

56 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I have to disagree on Sibley, not because of what he didn't do  tonight, but what he was doing on a regular basis in previous seasons. Those chances would have been taken with aplomb. 

I think that his confidence has taken a knock because he hasn't kicked on with the first team yet and because he is woefully short of match minutes, that's all.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I have to disagree on Sibley, not because of what he didn't do  tonight, but what he was doing on a regular basis in previous seasons. Those chances would have been taken with aplomb. 

I think that his confidence has taken a knock because he hasn't kicked on with the first team yet and because he is woefully short of match minutes, that's all.

People have been very critical of his bookings and his finishing, but this is what comes from only getting 3 or 4 minutes here and there, and being so eager to make an impression. When you're a sub desperate for the shirt, you know you need to make an impact. I think the management have to give him more minutes so he isn't constantly trying too hard to get noticed.

Archived