U23’s v Leicester

tinman

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Got to think that some of the youngsters have been pushed forward too soon.

ps Solomon is one to watch ?

Agreed. Frustrating lack of centre backs brought through in the last decade so wonder if he will indeed make the grade 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

People have been very critical of his bookings and his finishing, but this is what comes from only getting 3 or 4 minutes here and there, and being so eager to make an impression. When you're a sub desperate for the shirt, you know you need to make an impact. I think the management have to give him more minutes so he isn't constantly trying too hard to get noticed.

I think there is a lot of merit in this observation that he is simply "trying too hard to impress". Just needs Wayne or one of the other coaches to have a quiet word with him to calm him down and reassure him that they really are watching him and that he doesn't need to be a "one-man firework display" if he is only on the pitch for a short time.

7 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

I think there is a lot of merit in this observation that he is simply "trying too hard to impress". Just needs Wayne or one of the other coaches to have a quiet word with him to calm him down and reassure him that they really are watching him and that he doesn't need to be a "one-man firework display" if he is only on the pitch for a short time.

I think Sibley is by far and away the best prospect we have at the club, but he’s also one of the least mature and professional. There’s a reason why Rooney seems to value Knight, Bird and Buchanan much more highly than Sibley. He has immense talent and his finishing lately is definitely as a result of low confidence. But when you’re in a relegation battle you need professional, team players who above all else are playing for the team.

Sibley is still a child while the others have matured. His Instagram posts and stories are concrete evidence for that. Perhaps he started to see the hype around himself and put pressure on himself to perform every game when really he should’ve been taking it one game at a time. If we were to hit form and gain confidence I think he would thrive because there would be less pressure on him to be the man to make a difference. It’s unfair that some people are putting pressure on him to somehow single handedly save us and start scoring a bunch of goals. 

Archived