The worst Premier League team in history

maxjam

7 hours ago, OUTSIDER said:

rather not be reminded as it was bad enough at the time, and getting reminded by the irish red dogs regular on the flight over causes issues , with covid stopping us being at games flying over for games... i actually miss the 'banter' now 

Red setters.  Boisterous barstewards. Same toilet habits as most of them judging by there visit to Pride Park a couple of years ago. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Perfectly good goal disallowed too. 

I have a memory of the Blackburn game too, 1-0 up and in charge, penalty to make it 2 which Howard fluffed, lost 2-1.

I think anyway. 

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Being in the Prem is worse than where we are now? We were the worst of an elite league - how many teams were below us in the football pyramid?

I though the next season with Jimmy Jewel felt much worse, there was no 'glory' then at all.

Are you sure that matters ? That team down the road we beat 2-0 pre season, who played that season two leagues below can't have that.

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I actually disagree with that, not be to contentious mind - I thought the game against the Baggies was very even but against QPR after they got the player sent off we huffed and puffed a lot.

Still think that if Russell hadn't have been brought down then he would have missed the 1 on 1 anyway given his normal profligacy but we'll never know I guess. 

No miss at Wembley will beat Johnsons against Leicester.  Could blindfold someone and put clown shoes on them and they'd have scored.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve said this many times, our stats bear out worse than we were. We had lots of dodgy decisions and bad luck. Ultimately being unable to score affected us massively. But performances against Bolton twice, Fulham twice, Newcastle twice, Birmingham, Sunderland, Man City away, Man United, Chelsea AND Liverpool at home, Portsmouth at home, were decent performances even if results don’t show it. I seen to recall the east upper singing “we’re proud of you” to the tune of Auld Lang Syne too! 

Also the Blackburn game at home, we were 1-0 up playing well and then got a penalty, Howard stepped up, missed, then they went straight up the other need and Santa Cruz scored if I remember correctly. Think that was the last time we saw Howard. 

49 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Aren't forest officially the worst having finished bottom of the PL 3 times?

Now that’s the kind of positive spin we need ! Well done that man.

(have you considered a career in politics ?

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That was the other one.  Johnsons was not long before scored.

It was a one-on-one when he was sent through first half wasn't it. Should have scored, but not a sitter like Harkes was, besides Tommy scuffed most of his one-on-ones so it was hardly a surprise ?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Red setters.  Boisterous barstewards. Same toilet habits as most of them judging by there visit to Pride Park a couple of years ago. 

As unflattering a comparison as ever suffered by a red setter. Undeserved I'd say. 

As bad as it was, it was this season where I chose to support Derby my dad was a United fan and I had only just started watching football and I asked him for a season ticket. I went to every game enjoyed everyone oblivious to the magnitude of it all. I do remember getting upset on the way back from loosing at Barnsley away the following season as a 9 year old thinking this is all my club has to offer me.

so weirdly enough, I might not have been a fan without it so I do look back at it fondly. 

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

Yeah I have often though that - lost one we thoroughly deserved to win, won one we shouldn't have.

By that token we must be due and extraordinarily good PL season the next time we're there!

Add Leicester 94 into that and you could argue that our worst performance in a play off final is the one that we've won.

6 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I feel 'fortunate' to have seen our three best performances and missed the worst!

Make sure you avoid the next one as well... just in case it’s another bad performance 

Worse Premier League team in history is the only title we've won in bloody decades! Sheffield United can bugger off and find their own award. 11 points is ridiculous, Sheffield United are nowhere near as bad as we were, they'll pick up enough points to finish above our total by the end of the season.

And I agree with those that have said we deserved our promotion in 2006. We were pretty average at best but somehow we picked up a lot of points. Not sure how, but we did. We were top of the league after beating Preston on New Years Day but couldn't keep in the top 2, yet we finished 8 points clear of 4th, which was West Brom, and only 2 or 3 points behind 2nd. We didn't sneak into the playoffs at the last minute, as some ill informed pundits claimed during our awful prem season. We deserved to be there, yet we were considered underdogs against a West Brom side that had been in the Prem the year before, but we won anyway.

It was a long time ago now, I'm over it.

Archived