New Manager

dantheram

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In a nut shell, we have been woeful for weeks, Cocus tactics have been rubbish, substitutions baffling, goals from open play none existent, people had every right to be miffed.

Last night was great and the performance against Watford deserved more too. 

But last night was a local Derby, if players can't get up for that game then they shouldn't be in professional football.

The real markers are the next 2 or 3 games, where if things are truly improving we will pick up points and maybe go on an unbeaten run.

The positive eggs saying "told you so" after 1 performance which gave is 1 point are as bad as those saying sack him after 1 defeat. 

3 more games takes us to the magic 10 marker, let's see where we are after that.

The difference was not because it was a local Derby that the players were up for... The difference was that two key forwards were back from injury and almost able to play the full game.

Our forwards players have been out injured.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think the reaction to the result showed what I kind of thought anyway, that most of the people who wanted Cocu out just ultimately want to see Derby win or Derby play some decent football. If people are going out and calling him Cocu the clown etc then yeah they do deserve a bit aimed at them, but I don't feel it's the case with the majority.

I agree but then if you or others were not the ones calling Cocu a clown, a stupid Dutch Bamford and other choice terms that we've seen on here recently, you've no reason to be concerned with those who were are being called out for it.

Frankly, many of the most critical on here are incredibly sensitive when they get a bit back. When folk infer I'm deluded because I suggest that performances will improve as players return, it's water off a duck's back. Life's too short.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

The difference was not because it was a local Derby that the players were up for... The difference was that two key forwards were back from injury and almost able to play the full game.

Mate you took the words out my mouth. 

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You need to read your own posts occasionally mate. 

I mean one of your posts  said Derby’s senior players aren’t that good. 

Wow as if you ever played the game 

They're not that good. If they are then why aren't didn't we win more games over Cocu's time here?

So thats the bile. Me saying that I don't expect Cocu to reach top 6 because the team isn't good enough especially when injuries take their toll. 

So are you suggesting they are that good? Then if thats the case Cocu has done an even worse job??! 

What the duck has having played the game have to do with anything? Have you played the game? What complete nonsense that you have to have done something to form an opinion on it. 

Bravo for boosting this thread after a positive performance. Not a single criticism came first but look where we are now. Positivity, you say?

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They're not that good. If they are then why aren't didn't we win more games over Cocu's time here?

So thats the bile. Me saying that I don't expect Cocu to reach top 6 because the team isn't good enough especially when injuries take their toll. 

So are you suggesting they are that good? Then if thats the case Cocu has done an even worse job??! 

What the duck has having played the game have to do with anything? Have you played the game? What complete nonsense that you have to have done something to form an opinion on it. 

Bravo for boosting this thread after a positive performance. Not a single criticism came first but look where we are now. Positivity, you say?

For ducks sake. 

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In a nut shell, we have been woeful for weeks, Cocus tactics have been rubbish, substitutions baffling, goals from open play none existent, people had every right to be miffed.

Last night was great and the performance against Watford deserved more too. 

But last night was a local Derby, if players can't get up for that game then they shouldn't be in professional football.

The real markers are the next 2 or 3 games, where if things are truly improving we will pick up points and maybe go on an unbeaten run.

The positive eggs saying "told you so" after 1 performance which gave is 1 point are as bad as those saying sack him after 1 defeat. 

3 more games takes us to the magic 10 marker, let's see where we are after that.

The positive eggs said we would improve when we some of our forwards are back. They are and we have. 

I thought Phillip had the much revered Hughton in his preverbal pocket for most of that match. Also I think about 60% wanted to stick with him even before kick off.

The issue here is that a lot Phillips supporters said he should only be judged when he has some of his decent players back or fit others said no he's just not very good. Now, one Swallow doesn't make a summer but we've all got to admit we appear to be onto something. 

7 hours ago, Monty said:

As a ‘doubter’ rather than an ‘outer’ a couple of points to respond. I do not want to take anything away from our performance just some perspective 

we were much better last night Lawrence made a massive difference along with waghorn so maybe with the returning players we will consolidate and build on this

We got one point against a side in the bottom five arguably we should have taken all three points 

One result does not mean all is fine we played well even very well in one game 

poor performances go back a long way (Charlton away twelve months ago anyone)

This is not vitriol but an opinion  on recent performances and whether we have played to our full potential (or not)

one swallow doesn’t make a summer

have I changed my mind - not yet 

Hope this is ‘restrained’ enough to be acceptable 

Good points and you’re right there have been more poor performances than good.  I’d hope people can take heart from the first half against Huddersfield and most of the game last night that we’re starting to see some improvement which can only get better with more players returning.  If it wasn’t for a couple of poor ref / linesman decisions things would look rosier.

Regarding my post last night @LeedsCityRam is bang on!!  I just find it bizarre that post after post and thread after thread pop up within minutes of a defeat or poor performance that gather momentum extremely quickly.  No offence intended @Tyler Durden ?!!

19 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I agree but then if you or others were not the ones calling Cocu a clown, a stupid Dutch Bamford and other choice terms that we've seen on here recently, you've no reason to be concerned with those who were are being called out for it.

Frankly, many of the most critical on here are incredibly sensitive when they get a bit back. When folk infer I'm deluded because I suggest that performances will improve as players return, it's water off a duck's back. Life's too short.

Has that stuff been said about Cocu? I genuinely haven't seen it. 

But there really isn't a need to "hit back". Nobody said anything negative about yesterday. If they had then this game provides you with ammo to hit back

I have seen praise from Cocu's critics. But rather than take the positives here we are in this pettiness. 

It goes on too. If we lose to Cardiff then somebody will say "see the Forest game was just a draw vs a struggling side"

Forest was a good performance. Thats it. Nothing more and nothing less. It didn't prove Cocu to be good and it didn't support the idea that he's bad. Those things will happen over time. 

Nobody proved a point. Just as last week wasn't proof. Proof happens over time which is why when we talk about Cocu we should be talking about his whole time here.

Just now, Alpha said:

But there really isn't a need to "hit back". Nobody said anything negative about yesterday. If they had then this game provides you with ammo to hit back

I have seen praise from Cocu's critics. But rather than take the positives here we are in this pettiness. 

It goes on too. If we lose to Cardiff then somebody will say "see the Forest game was just a draw vs a struggling side"

Forest was a good performance. Thats it. Nothing more and nothing less. It didn't prove Cocu to be good and it didn't support the idea that he's bad. Those things will happen over time. 

Nobody proved a point. Just as last week wasn't proof. Proof happens over time which is why when we talk about Cocu we should be talking about his whole time here.

I thought Boxers always hit back.  You should know that lol. 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

For ducks sake. 

When we charge up the league, which we will, you can remind yourself that you were behind the lads the whole way. We had the same with Rowett. I was laughed at for suggesting he'd get us to the play-offs. There was no need to say a word when he did.

COYR

37 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

They could be injured again, maybe not - who knows. 
If one or both was out for a long time, 
then what do we do?

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And you're telling me this why? Have I said it proves a point? Have I even said it was a good performance, let alone anything more?

Don't drag me into your little spat. I've literally zero interest in another season of petty back biting and endless battles for the moral high ground. If you must prolong this 'debate', you need to find someone else to indulge you. I'm not interested.

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Or we could just talk about the here and now. Without viewpoints (and prejudice, ill feeling) held over past events.

I don't mean to say that everything that went before is it is irrelevant, but I largely consider the Norwich game to be a soft reset, a button we've had to hit with a few times already under Cocu's tenure often thorough things not under his control.

Obviously I'd rather people consider the recent positives more relevant than the recent negatives, but that's my idea of what support is. If people want to call it blind support that's up to them, but I believe we should always be at least a little bit biased in our own favour, but some aren't.

People bringing our pre-season results into things is really a pretty low blow as far as I'm concerned.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I thought Boxers always hit back.  You should know that lol. 

That has nothing to do with my reply to you. 

Have fun in this pettiness. I'm off to enjoy the rest of the weekend now that Derby have given me a positive lift. Maybe you super fans should do the same instead of negative unprovoked sniping. 

Enjoy

14 minutes ago, Coolascustard said:

Good points and you’re right there have been more poor performances than good.  I’d hope people can take heart from the first half against Huddersfield and most of the game last night that we’re starting to see some improvement which can only get better with more players returning.  If it wasn’t for a couple of poor ref / linesman decisions things would look rosier.

Regarding my post last night @LeedsCityRam is bang on!!  I just find it bizarre that post after post and thread after thread pop up within minutes of a defeat or poor performance that gather momentum extremely quickly.  No offence intended @Tyler Durden ?!!

Non taken but thanks for the sentiment. I do get called out for being negative which I totally concur with as I am but like to think that I have a sense of proportion like a lot of the posters on here.

It's just like with everything in life some people are intent on taking things to the extreme. 

Sadly just like I learned in my roles at work that it's the 20% of people whom will cause 80% of the problems for you.

Up the Rams

Just now, Alpha said:

Have fun in this pettiness. I'm off to enjoy the rest of the weekend now that Derby have given me a positive lift. Maybe you super fans should do the same instead of negative unprovoked sniping. 

Enjoy

Grow up.

Just now, Alpha said:

Enjoy

Argue Golden Retriever GIF

Archived