New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

That post match interview with Liam Rosenior wasn't too good. Straight away he was talking about bad decisions by officials. First game in charge and he was saying this. Not a good look. 

Nothing against LR personally, but he sounded a bit desperate. Perhaps the penny dropped in terms the realisation of how tough a job managing DCFC is for anyone at the moment. Nothing in the team performance or post match interview that would inspire an incoming owner to say "OK the jobs yours"

2 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Give it big Sam until the end of the season with a big bonus if he keeps us up. It can’t get any worse really. We simply can’t score. Get him in and give them a right dressing down, get us organised and get some players in the box. Couldn’t care less about the style of football. Let’s just get some points on the board. We are very lucky that Wycombe Coventry and the Millers might be on par with us 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I’m praying that whoever is now making this decision will realise that we need fresh management.

We’re desperate for that new manager bounce and we aren’t going to get that with the same people coaching who have been there all season and have 0 experience of this league/relegation battles. 

11 games until we could even potentially consider new players. At least 5 of those against teams that will be down there too.

If we don’t win half of these 11 games then we would be on less than 21 points at the halfway point.

We do not have time for experiments. The next 11 games decide our season and we need an unbelievable manager to pull us out of this mess.  

13 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Honestly can't figure out why any Derby fan would turn Big Sam down. Genuinely. 

We're bottom of the Championship and in complete free fall 

We need someone to come in. Steady the ship. Keep us up. That's it.

Carry on like this and we're gone.

Infact carry on with this form and we will finish on around 24 points.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Exactly this.

We should be begging a manager like that to come.

As each game goes on with this Rooney circus I think people are forgetting how big the actual challenge ahead is going to be.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm not normally a fan of that style of manager, but in the current situation, I'd absolutly suck it up and get some points and wins. We're bottom of the division.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not normally a fan of that style of manager, but in the current situation, I'd absolutly suck it up and get some points and wins. We're bottom of the division.

Style? 

what? Someone who optimises the ability of the squad 

We need someone with experience now - nothing against Rooney or Rosenior but we need someone with a bit of know-how to get us up the table.

I personally don't think we're a million miles away.  We knock the ball around confidently enough and aren't too porous at the back, its the obvious lack of goals that is killing us. 

Get a proven manager in and a striker or two in the transfer window and we can easily pull clear of relegation - assuming we're not to far adrift by then of course...

Just now, maxjam said:

We need someone with experience now - nothing against Rooney or Rosenior but we need someone with a bit of know-how to get us up the table.

I personally don't think we're a million miles away.  We knock the ball around confidently enough and aren't too porous at the back, its the obvious lack of goals that is killing us. 

Get a proven manager in and a striker or two in the transfer window and we can easily pull clear of relegation - assuming we're not to far adrift by then of course...

I think that’s exactly it, the rate we are going even if we signed Aguero and Kane in January it wouldn’t matter as we would have too much to catch up. We would need to go from relegation form to automatic promotion form overnight to stay up.

To expect 3 wins and 3 draws out of the next 11 at the minute I think would be pretty optimistic..that would have us on 18 points.

I don’t know the stats but I can’t imagine many teams have stayed up from that. 

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Exactly. We've only conceeded 9 goals in 9 games. In those 9 games we haven't been outclassed. We've deserved more points but in reality you have to get them. We just need to start scoring. 

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not either mate.

I don't care on what style of football play in this league now. 

We just need to win games.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Style? 

what? Someone who optimises the ability of the squad 

In terms of pragmatist vs idealist I guess (say Rowett vs McClaren, both were good for us).

We need someone pragmatic to get the team organised and win some matches. Although his reputation for dull football is a bit overstated, it doesn't hang around for no reason. I'd take dull and efficient football right now and Allardyce is very very good at what he does.

The table doesn’t look good

unfortunately I’m not feeling any love for the new managerial team, and I think Mel is making a right royal balls up of things at the moment.

Hurry up and get the deal done

Allardyce is a Premier League manager so in our current predicament we would be lucky to get him in.

He isnt the most glamorous of appointments or probably top of anyone's list but he will come in and assess the squads strengths and weaknesses and come up with a plan to get some points on the board as quickly as possible. This is what we need right now.

Archived