New Manager

dantheram

16 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Under the circumstances he said what I expected him to say.

Did we expect him to admit talking to the new owners or any representatives.

He is on the list with Mr Rooney like it or not.

you have absolutely no idea what’s going on like the rest of us 

Come on, just admit it

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Top of our list, as in who the owners want, or just the betting odds list?

I was expecting Rafa to just stop the link dead in its tracks, but he didn't.

His comments to me suggest he is very aware of interest, probably has spoken to someone about the potential, but the incentive isnt there to join Derby, yet.

Top of the owners list

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Top of our list, as in who the owners want, or just the betting odds list?

I was expecting Rafa to just stop the link dead in its tracks, but he didn't.

His comments to me suggest he is very aware of interest, probably has spoken to someone about the potential, but the incentive isnt there to join Derby, yet.

Or, as @Richard246 suggests, perhaps Rooney as impressed them and they want to give him a chance as 'caretaker', albeit in committee form.

I wouldn’t be against Rafa coming here but it begs the question why would he actually come here.

it won’t be for the money because he is earning plenty elsewhere. We are bottom of the Champ, we are not an attractive club for a manager like him even if we are given millions to spend (we won’t be)

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

the incentive isnt there to join Derby, yet.

Key point for me. We are looking for a manager to get us promoted. Nothing more or less. We'll then look for a manager to keep us up and make us a mid table Prem team. Possibly more after that. 

Can one manager do all of that? Will they be trusted with increasing budgets? Do they want to start off bottom of the Championship? 

2 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

I wouldn’t be against Rafa coming here but it begs the question why would he actually come here.

it won’t be for the money because he is earning plenty elsewhere. We are bottom of the Champ, we are not an attractive club for a manager like him even if we are given millions to spend (we won’t be)

Maybe he has heard about the Spanish tapas place in Ockbrook? I hear it gets rave reviews.

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yeah sorry I'd seen your other replies after I'd asked the question.

Are u able to alleviate my fears that John Gregory could actually work his way back into our club, please tell me that is untrue.

Not heard anything about that.

Archived