New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m personally staggered that quite so many would turn their noses up at Rafa Benitez. We’re bottom of the Championship. It’s been said that his football is too negative, but he’s won league titles, European titles and super cup titles in multiple nations.

Between 2001 & 2016 he managed Valencia, Liverpool, Chelsea, Inter, Napoli & Real Madrid with only one calendar year out of the game. That’s a lot if successful clubs over a long period for someone who is too defensive and not that great.

Above all, it would signal the ambition our new owners would have. If they can convince Rafa to come, and pay him enough, then they are much less likely to be the chancers we were warned about right?

There’s a few names I would be happy with seeing here, all very different in pedigree. They include Jokanovic, Paul Cook, Jody Morris - all would bring different things to the club and handle things in different ways. But I would also be delighted if we were able to attract someone like Rafa to the club, especially given our current position.

What else would you all call these potential new owners other than investors? They aren't owners until the deal is complete. 

2 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

Don't jump down my throat but would anyone consider Lamouchi?

Only if the goal is relegation to League 1

1 minute ago, Ramley Apple said:

Benitez would be a great appointment but we'd have to pay for it

Benitez is on 12 million a year after tax in China ain’t he? I don’t think he’ll be moving anytime soon 

Archived