v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take back what I said about being entertained. I hadn't considered that it was McClaren who was secretly setting the team up; I assumed it would be Rooney. Silly me. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

On a serious note; is it a coincidence that after McClaren comes back we start the big, strong CF with a neat touch up front and the runners in around him starting getting in-behind with Fozzy playing first time crosses from very deep?  

Rooney the decision maker, my arse. This is the McClaren system - we recognise it anywhere.?

Please don’t start this.

This is Rooney’s team. By all accounts, McClaren has had very little to do with it.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

On a serious note; is it a coincidence that after McClaren comes back we start the big, strong CF with a neat touch up front and the runners in around him starting getting in-behind with Fozzy playing first time crosses from very deep?  

Rooney the decision maker, my arse. This is the McClaren system - we recognise it anywhere.?

Fozzy's able to play those ball in behind their defence because every time he picks the ball up we have two players trying to run the defenders. I don't think we've had that all season.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Please don’t start this.

This is Rooney’s team. By all accounts, McClaren has had very little to do with it.

Too late, I'm on the train! McClaren's been sneaking in to the office and adjusting Rooney's notes. WR doesn't remember what he wrote the previous day so he's none the wiser! 

Baffles me how when we signed Richards everyone slated it as a poor signing. People who don’t understand what he brings to a team don’t understand football. He is just what you need for this league. Big, strong, and physical. If the ball sticks up front, pressure on the back 4 is relieved and you can get runners in behind. None of this backwards sideways rubbish Cocu tried implementing when you’re inviting pressure on yourself and not gaining ground in the final third. Yes it may be ugly, but it is effective. I’ve been saying it for ages on this forum that direct football in this league is what you need, not the mindless boring pointless possession play. Richards sounds like man of the match so far and is providing the link up play we crave. Well done to him thus far.

Archived