Coronavirus - The Lockdown Thread

Sith Happens

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

We were buying real ale take-out during the first lockdown. Really enjoyed it after being a lager-lout all my life but not really liking it bottled or canned.

Am rather gutted that takeaway beer isn't allowed this time. I'm an amateur compared to those who frequent the beer thread, but will definitely look to extend my repertoire this time.

I don't drink quantity, so probably still around the recommended limits.

Will also be doing jigsaws and walking. Can add Shipley Park and Linacre Reservoirs to @sage's recommendations.

I used to love Linacre Reservoirs when I lived in Chesterfield. Loads of walks around there but best sticking to the paths around the water this time of year. 

9 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’ve got a couple of gallons of cider brewing. I might get a beer on for Christmas too. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Got about 3.5 gallons brewing myself (1.5 left of the current batch). Also got enough apples saved up to brew another 6-7 gallons after that as well ?

have had a go at home brew myself in the past, probably something I got wrong,  tried bitter and lager, was ok but always had a bit of an aftertaste a bit like alcohol free beer.

19 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not to pry, but you did seem to be drinking a ducking lot a few months back. I did wonder how good it was for your mental health.

Within a few hours of publicly pulling @Davidup on his drinking, @DarkFruitsRam7 went out heavy drinking, shat himself, panicked and checked himself into a Hungarian hospital where he proceeded to throw up all over the floor before they wiped his bum and sent him home to sleep it off.

4 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

have had a go at home brew myself in the past, probably something I got wrong,  tried bitter and lager, was ok but always had a bit of an aftertaste a bit like alcohol free beer.

How long ago? There is a good range of beers now from Porters/Stouts/IPAs and they seem to have improved the quality of them. I can do cider myself but the beers I buy a kit. I have found a lovely single hop IPA. It works out @ 50p a pint. 
I did one before that I felt left a taste so I tried a different one. It can be a bit trial and error with the taste of some beers.

3 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Within a few hours of publicly pulling @Davidup on his drinking, @DarkFruitsRam7 went out heavy drinking, shat himself, panicked and checked himself into a Hungarian hospital where he proceeded to throw up all over the floor before they wiped his bum and sent him home to sleep it off.

For the benefit of anyone believing the root vegetable’s lies, I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis.

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How long ago? There is a good range of beers now from Porters/Stouts/IPAs and they seem to have improved the quality of them. I can do cider myself but the beers I buy a kit. I have found a lovely single hop IPA. It works out @ 50p a pint. 
I did one before that I felt left a taste so I tried a different one. It can be a bit trial and error with the taste of some beers.

maybe 4 years ago? i have all the kit...i even bottled a load of lagers and they were ok....but you know...ok..not great

Archived