Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

So who's Moff Gideon and who are the Dark Troopers?! ?

Pube head Gibson has to be Gideon and the EFL the dark troopers 

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Buying a house becomes more complicated when you are operating in a long chain so one snag somewhere then has a knock on effect on the rest of the chain.

Unless I'm not up to speed I'm not aware of any dependencies which makes the whole protracted timeframe totally unacceptable.

A chain doesn't necessarily complicate buying a house, it just means it may take longer... @dajstrawb describes some of the complexities further up, one could add the legal entity structure around the club, the fact that the stadium is owned by an entity at arms length, it all takes time to work through.

42 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Fed up with all the pointless bickering about absolutely nothing in this thread when looking for any news.  Please can someone either change the title or start a new thread to make it obvious when there is any certainty or actual news for those who think FFS every time they open it. Sorry to be grumpy - tier 4 blues - but blimey

I understand the frustration, but practically it's not possible. I don't know what counts as important enough news to alert you. And I don't know when you last read the thread. And I guess what's actual news to you is not news to someone else. 

All I can say is don't look here for news - there's better forums to get your facts from. In fact I've read some complete guff here that I wouldn't recommend repeating.

Sorry - got mixed up with the thread I was responding to 

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

A chain doesn't necessarily complicate buying a house, it just means it may take longer... @dajstrawb describes some of the complexities further up, one could add the legal entity structure around the club, the fact that the stadium is owned by an entity at arms length, it all takes time to work through.

I think by definition it complicates it. More buyers, more sellers, more solicitors, more searches, more potential stumbling blocks. But as an analogy I think it's probably flawed other than to say this sale is going to be more involved than one involving just a house. And house sales can be quite time consuming and involved processes.

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’ve gotten to The Mandalorian rather late and have just watched the first two episodes.

Got to say I was slightly underwhelmed. Does it get any better?

I thought it was great.  Season 2 definitely better though.

27 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’ve gotten to The Mandalorian rather late and have just watched the first two episodes.

Got to say I was slightly underwhelmed. Does it get any better?

Yes - I much, much preferred season 2 - which I hold as some of the best Star Wars ever.  

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Fed up with all the pointless bickering about absolutely nothing in this thread when looking for any news.  Please can someone either change the title or start a new thread to make it obvious when there is any certainty or actual news for those who think FFS every time they open it. Sorry to be grumpy - tier 4 blues - but blimey

Yes, but think of how many spouses, parents. children and siblings are having a little holiday from pointless bickering thanks to this forum.  

16 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes, but think of how many spouses, parents. children and siblings are having a little holiday from pointless bickering thanks to this forum.  

No i think it would spill over into the home. "What do you mean the trifle is ok for another 48 hours. i dont believe it a man on the daily mail from newcastle said never trust tesco" etc etc. It has probably started all sorts of stuff

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Buying a house becomes more complicated when you are operating in a long chain so one snag somewhere then has a knock on effect on the rest of the chain.

Unless I'm not up to speed I'm not aware of any dependencies which makes the whole protracted timeframe totally unacceptable.

The chain analogy is a good one - if there is a chain the 'dependencies' are third parties, in other words timing is not all within your control.

And you ARE aware that third parties are involved - we've been told Dell have been approached. we've read recently that there may be consortium issues that are slowing things up. Also we know that discussions might be ongoing with Rooney, the EFL, 32red...  hopefully there are discussions ongoing with new sponsors.  Lots of 'dependancies'. I don't think we know of any reason why any of them will scupper the deal and the club's ongoing announcements indicate it's just about timing. I'll start to worry if there are signs that there are obstacles.  

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No i think it would spill over into the home. "What do you mean the trifle is ok for another 48 hours. i dont believe it a man on the daily mail from newcastle said never trust tesco" etc etc. It has probably started all sorts of stuff

What do mean the bin men haven't come yet? Another excuse, they're never going to get emptied, I'll change my name to David Recycling if that gets emptied this month.

How can Bill Bailey have won Strictly, he didn't run around like HRVY, he's too old. The referees are biased, why have SKY got VAR but the BBC hasn't.

26 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If it ain't bickering, it's talking complete and utter off topic tripe.

And if it ain't complete and utter off topic tripe, then we can always have some kitten gifs... allow me...

cc1

#cutenotcute

Is that Roger De Courcey working the..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Pause?

Archived