Wisdoms best position

Curtains

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a difficult one really. On the one hand, he’s probably not good enough going forward to play at RB in our system. But equally, he’s awful In the air, which leaves us vulnerable to certain teams when he plays at CB. Figuring out what to do with Wisdom Long term is one of Cocu’s biggest personnel dilemmas at the moment imo.

To be honest, I don’t think he’s looked quite himself altogether this season. Understandably, given what he’s been through. But he does look a bit sluggish and cumbersome at the moment. Personally I think we may have rushed him back a bit quick through necessity, and ideally he needs a spell out of the team to rebuild his fitness.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s a difficult one really. On the one hand, he’s probably not good enough going forward to play at RB in our system. But equally, he’s awful In the air, which leaves us vulnerable to certain teams when he plays at CB. Figuring out what to do with Wisdom Long term is one of Cocu’s biggest personnel dilemmas at the moment imo.

To be honest, I don’t think he’s looked quite himself altogether this season. Understandably, given what he’s been through. But he does look a bit sluggish and cumbersome at the moment. Personally I think we may have rushed him back a bit quick through necessity, and ideally he needs a spell out of the team to rebuild his fitness.

I think you are right .

Will be interesting to see how it all develops.  

I think defensively the squad is stronger now.  

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

I think he's more than capable to fill either role. Yes as @Millenniumramsays, he has his limitations in both roles but so do most defenders at this level. I like him and know that if I was a striker/winger that I wouldn't want to come up against him. He's not quite up to speed yet this season but he's an absolute beast when on song. 

We don’t keep clean sheets other than the Norwich game so the coaches a manager still need to work on defensive lapses which are costing us. 

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We don’t keep clean sheets other than the Norwich game so the coaches a manager still need to work on defensive lapses which are costing us. 

We’ve conceded 3 in 4 since cocu changed it. prior to that it was 10 in 4 

he’s not going to get it, but he deserves a lot of praise for sorting it out.

of the three we have conceded one was a worldy (Watford), one was two fouls and an offside (Forest). Only really the Huddersfield goal where wisdom dropped a bit of a clanger - which is quite remarkable. 

I still think Just an adjustment to keep the ball and increase the threat level around the opposition box. Not sure that the three central defenders are ready to listen though. 

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We’ve conceded 3 in 4 since cocu changed it. prior to that it was 10 in 4 

he’s not going to get it, but he deserves a lot of praise for sorting it out.

of the three we have conceded one was a worldy (Watford), one was two fouls and an offside (Forest). Only really the Huddersfield goal where wisdom dropped a bit of a clanger - which is quite remarkable. 

I still think Just an adjustment to keep the ball and increase the threat level around the opposition box. Not sure that the three central defenders are ready to listen though. 

He dropped a clanger on the Forest goal mate. 

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He dropped a clanger on the Forest goal mate. 

Maybe. But there was a foul on Clarke which barely gets a mention, and he was primed to head it away.

For me he's always looked like a centre back playing at right back. You'll get the best out of him on the right side of a 3. So far this season he hasn't been at his best which is understandable given what happened but last season he was brilliant with Clarke in a back 4 from January onwards.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Static again for Cardiff goal.  

I think the problem was more that the midfield was out of position. In hindsight he should push out to the ball as the free man but we pretty much got punished for the only time Knight and Shinnie were out of shape.

Archived