Peas

Day

The DCFC Fans Pea Poll  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Thought you northern heathens ate them not smeared them on your nether regions,

#BuildTheWall 

giphy.gif

Northern Heathens? Are you not a local boy then? Englighten me...

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Anyone who comes near my mushys with mint will be processed and canned.

Oh come on. I know you're in Oatcake county, but have you never had minted-mushy peas? I think I first experienced them at the Greyhound Racing. Pie and Peas for £3 about 20 years ago!

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Oh come on. I know you're in Oatcake county, but have you never had minted-mushy peas? I think I first experienced them at the Greyhound Racing. Pie and Peas for £3 about 20 years ago!

No mate. Another Southern softy I'm afraid. 

In all honesty I do quite like mushy peas with a nice bit of fish and chips but whilst minted peas are commonplace in the more civilised regions of the country, I've never encountered minted mushy peas which are quite clearly an abomination ?

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Minted mushy peas are the work of the devil. You will burn in hell.

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

No mate. Another Southern softy I'm afraid. 

In all honesty I do quite like mushy peas with a nice bit of fish and chips but whilst minted peas are commonplace in the more civilised regions of the country, I've never encountered minted mushy peas which are quite clearly an abomination ?

I'm gonna do you a service, you know those silver coloured things you use to stir your cup of tea? Well you put one of those into a jar of mint sauce, tilt it back, so the concaved surface is uppermost, lift it out of the jar, and if you've done in right, there'll be some dark green stuff in the spoon. Pretend it's sugar, and pretend your pan of mushy peas is a cuppa, Stir the spoon into the peas.. Sorted.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Minted mushy peas are the work of the devil. You will burn in hell.

all the best things have been linked to the devil by conservative nay-sayers like you. I bet you were pro-prohibition back when you were my age!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm gonna do you a service, you know those silver coloured things you use to stir your cup of tea? Well you put one of those into a jar of mint sauce, tilt it back, so the concaved surface is uppermost, lift it out of the jar, and if you've done in right, there'll be some dark green stuff in the spoon. Pretend it's sugar, and pretend your pan of mushy peas is a cuppa, Stir the spoon into the peas.. Sorted.

Close to a ban.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

all the best things have been linked to the devil by conservative nay-sayers like you. I bet you were pro-prohibition back when you were my age!

People your age should be out looking for unwanted sofas to photograph instead of wasting your time trying to justify foul abuse of mushy peas.

I am pretty open minded about food and will eat most things and don't have strong feelings about it... BUT.. 

Weirdly garden peas are my favourite veg, I will have them with pretty much anything.

Processed peas however are kinda pungent and I would struggle to eat any at all. 

Mushy peas actually make me gag just thinking about them. Its like the consistency of sick or something with a bizaare warm, sweet taste. Absolutely vile. 

I was at Burton for a preseason friendly and was enjoying a half time mushy pea mix. This very attractive young lass kept staring at me. Given my age and general lack of anything appeal, I knew it had to be either she was blind or my food, (maybe she was hungry!).

Anyway after a while she asked me in a foreign accent what I was eating. So I explained what chips and mushy peas were. With that she shook her head, said "you English are so strange!" and walked off.

Archived