Peas

Day

The DCFC Fans Pea Poll  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I can accept someone disliking mushy peas. They’re so so to me, only particularly nice when mixed with ketchup.

Chips and gravy were a delicacy I only began to appreciate during my first year at uni. Fried chicken, peri chips and gravy from Allen’s in Fallowfield at 3am after a night out while watching something on Netflix in my room was just pure bliss (in lieu of a successful night on the pull).

As for not having gravy on roasties...that’s just plain weird.

And for your information, I’m about to cook a stir fry! Even if it is from an Uncle Ben’s jar.

Netflix- you youngsters are lucky nowadays - when I used to come in blotto at 3 in the morning the only thing on was prisoner cell block H . Never even had channel 5.

Can't beat a pizza after a beery night.  One Saturday about 26-27 years ago, I'd spent 30 minutes waiting for one amongst the normal human wreckage and fights you got up that end of town in the small hours. Some car pulls up just of Burton road with four very attractive girls from Birmingham in it .  Window comes down and they ask if they can have a couple of slices as they've been to Progress and are starving.

Being a gentleman, I shove the box in the window and within seconds of it leaving my hand there off down the A38 leaving me with an old crust and a face like a bulldog licking piss of a nettle?

My rule with food is that whatever it is, it has to enhance what you are eating.

Peas and sweetcorn are both awful in that sense.

Who looks forward to peas or sweetcorn being on your plate?

They just feel so misplaced.

How do you ruin egg fried rice from the Chinese? Add peas. How do you ruin a good pub lunch? Add peas. How do you ruin a nice pizza? Add sweetcorn.

When it comes to vegetables, aubergine is king, and mushrooms, carrots, onions, peppers, courgettes and parsnips are the king’s men.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

I love peas me.
My idea of a decent restaurant is one where they come out banishing a big spoon and say ‘ anyone want seconds?’

Its only ever happened once.

in Sheffield 

Like that brilliant Hale and Pace .. Yorkshire airlines ?

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

My rule with food is that whatever it is, it has to enhance what you are eating.

Peas and sweetcorn are both awful in that sense.

Who looks forward to peas or sweetcorn being on your plate?

They just feel so misplaced.

How do you ruin egg fried rice from the Chinese? Add peas. How do you ruin a good pub lunch? Add peas. How do you ruin a nice pizza? Add sweetcorn.

When it comes to vegetables, aubergine is king, and mushrooms, carrots, onions, peppers, courgettes and parsnips are the king’s men.

I actually like sweetcorn but does it really have any nutritional value? At the risk of sounding crude it turns my poo into a sun tanned Mr Blobby as it doesn't seem to break down my body. It should be marketed as a diet food.

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Aubergine, what a crap vegetable. Who the duck looks forward to eating aubergine?

The first result on the Google search page for 'aubergine flavour' sums it up about right. 'Their flavour is exceptionally mild, like mulch and damp J-cloth; its cooked flesh disintegrates into slimy mush or takes on a leathery sogginess. Its skin has no special perfume, neither does it have an appealing crispness or offer much else of gastronomic note.'

57 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Aubergine, what a crap vegetable. Who the duck looks forward to eating aubergine?

The first result on the Google search page for 'aubergine flavour' sums it up about right. 'Their flavour is exceptionally mild, like mulch and damp J-cloth; its cooked flesh disintegrates into slimy mush or takes on a leathery sogginess. Its skin has no special perfume, neither does it have an appealing crispness or offer much else of gastronomic note.'

Look up the recipe for deep fried aubergine glazed with honey.

Have a dinner party.

Those Hungarian girls will suddenly see you in a different light.

43 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Have a dinner party.

there's a bar in Granada that cooks then in really hot olive oil, so thin you can almost see through them.  Gorgeous like chips with a cold Alhambra beer.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It is a bit uninspiring on it's own but very nice in a moussaka. 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Have a dinner party.

He's not had much luck persuading the locals to try his aubergine.

Probably why he dislikes it so much.

Archived