200 Million pounds loss for EFL

Curtains

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Easy, scrap parachute payments with immediate effect, distribute that money to EFL clubs with an advanced payment.

Sorry Leeds, it's just bad luck. 

Don't give them something else to whine about. They've already got a paranoid complex that the whole football world is against them 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Easy, scrap parachute payments with immediate effect, distribute that money to EFL clubs with an advanced payment.

Sorry Leeds, it's just bad luck. 

leeds wont need it they won't be relegated

Do nothing, let nature take its course, the survivors start EPL2

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I will change my profile picture to me wearing a Leeds shirt if they go down, and you can change yours to you wearing a Leeds shirt if they stay up.  Actually, now I think about it, I will lose out either way. 

Hope all is well in Warrington @Red_Dawn

I hope you all learned a lesson from my experience last year, Davey is a squelchy better..

This is the perfect opportunity for clubs to formulate a new league system. The only thing that can save clubs from disaster is a proper streaming service. Clubs need to act now.

Every Championship game broadcast on one app, charge people £15 per month. Establish sponsorships and advertiser's that reflect the audience size. 

5 million global customers is £900m a year. Advertising and sponsorships on top of this. 

It needs to happen. They could even crowdfund to get this platform up and running and terminate any current contracts. I'd pay £100 upfront to enable this. 

The EFL can't be trusted. They are useless and will continue to sell broadcast rights for next to nothing. Especially now. They'll be going to Sky begging for a pathetic deal right now. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

This is the perfect opportunity for clubs to formulate a new league system. The only thing that can save clubs from disaster is a proper streaming service. Clubs need to act now.

Every Championship game broadcast on one app, charge people £15 per month. Establish sponsorships and advertiser's that reflect the audience size. 

5 million global customers is £900m a year. Advertising and sponsorships on top of this. 

It needs to happen. They could even crowdfund to get this platform up and running and terminate any current contracts. I'd pay £100 upfront to enable this. 

The EFL can't be trusted. They are useless and will continue to sell broadcast rights for next to nothing. Especially now. They'll be going to Sky begging for a pathetic deal right now. 

I totally agree RE the streaming service. You'd need less than 700,000 subscribers per month to beat the current deal and whilst it might impact the attendance at matches I personally think it would be more than worth it. A couple of the bigger clubs could probably bring that sort of number in between them.

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I totally agree RE the streaming service. You'd need less than 700,000 subscribers per month to beat the current deal and whilst it might impact the attendance at matches I personally think it would be more than worth it. A couple of the bigger clubs could probably bring that sort of number in between them.

Around 10,000 fans from each club? Do you think that is doable?  I have my doubts

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

21 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Are you there Mel?? We know you take notice of this forum!! You up for it?? ?

35 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Around 10,000 fans from each club? Do you think that is doable?  I have my doubts

It wouldn't be 10,000 from each club though. Bristol, Boro, Brentford, Forest, Derby, Wednesday, Norwich, Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull, Cardiff, Bolton and Barnsley all averaged between 250,000 and 400,000 viewers per televised game in 2017 and the figure will only be higher now. Other big clubs have since come down who would also have big followings. You also have to have sky, live in the UK or buy an extortionate pass to watch any of that. To me 700,000 seems a rather conservative number.

22 hours ago, Curtains said:

With no fans back in stadium.

Just heard this on SSN .

They will need government help for sure 

Why should they? To keep the gravy train alive for over paid footballers and greedy agents? It could be the reset the game needs. 

However on a personal note we should be in the grounds now, if you want to take the risk you should be allowed. 

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Rumours are Mel’s about to sell RamsTV to Mel for P&S purposes. 
He’ll then expand it by offering services to all clubs in the EFL

28 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why should they? To keep the gravy train alive for over paid footballers and greedy agents? It could be the reset the game needs. 

However on a personal note we should be in the grounds now, if you want to take the risk you should be allowed. 

Clubs have a legally binding contract to pay the players regardless of what they on, as the government have blocked their customers from entering their businesses, it makes sense to ask for help, loans, grants, pause tax payments or whatever they can do to assist.

Ideal world, all players agreed they don't need as much money, tore up their contracts and agreed new ones with the same remaining years left on without using it as an opportunity to shop themselves around to other clubs, but that's never going to happen.

The other option is the government says no, it's your own fault, we then watch multiple clubs go out of business, employees out of work whilst the Premier League carry on as they were. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

The other option is the government says no, it's your own fault, we then watch multiple clubs go out of business, employees out of work whilst the Premier League carry on as they were

And I’m sure that’s what will happen unfortunately. I’m not advocating it at all and I’m sure if you read my posts on other threads I’ve made my opinions very clear on this subject and the devastation it will cause to the social fabric of our Cities, towns and villages.

Sadly however football (and it’s governing body) has only itself to blame for the state of its finances, that were generally in a mess before COVID. 

Archived