Max Bird

Richard246

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Honestly mate, I wouldn’t bother. I’ve already tried the other day?

You can't win. He said exactly the same as what many fans said about Cocu matches earlier in the season after the Bristol game. 

It is now acceptable, but it was sackable before.

I wanted to laugh.

Just now, BondJovi said:

You can't win. He said exactly the same as what many fans said about Cocu matches earlier in the season after the Bristol game. 

It is now acceptable, but it was sackable before.

I wanted to laugh.

Go ahead. Who's Cocu now!? ?

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah but what do you know. ?

More than you if you openly admit you're biased, that literally undermines any analysis you may draw and totally removes objectivity, basically invalidating all your points. 

Cocu took us to the bottom but also took us to the top of the form table less than 6 months ago... Funny how things change, almost like circumstances may have been beyond his control therefore diminishing the blame that should be assigned to him (although obviously not totally absolving him). 

So yes, you saw a better performance because that's what you wanted to see, because it wasn't Cocu at the helm, despite the fundamentals being the same: We didn't score and didn't look likely to either- the rest is immaterial 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

More than you if you openly admit you're biased, that literally undermines any analysis you may draw and totally removes objectivity, basically invalidating all your points. 

Lol, if you were smart enough to know anything you'd know that "scientific objectivity is an ideal goal that scientists strive to achieve. Unfortunately, because science is a human enterprise, complete objectivity can never be attained." ?

So of course I am biased! ?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol, if you were smart enough to know anything you'd know that "scientific objectivity is an ideal goal that scientists strive to achieve. Unfortunately, because science is a human enterprise, complete objectivity can never be attained." ?

So of course I am biased! ?

good thing i wasn't referring to scientific objectivity then, more the philosophical impartiality ? always a good sign when someone has to resort to personal insults in a discussion because it's a sure sign they've run out of genuine rebuttals

So carry on taking pride in your bias and flawed opinions, only reflects badly on yourself ? 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

So carry on taking pride in your bias and flawed opinions, only reflects badly on yourself ? 

As you said - it's my opinion, it's different to yours. I happen to know you're wrong and I'm right based on my analysis. Your constant attempt to belittle my opinion reflects badly on you, I'm happy with my bias and opinion. Be happy with yours.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As you said - it's my opinion, it's different to yours. I happen to know you're wrong and I'm right based on my analysis. Your constant attempt to belittle my opinion reflects badly on you, I'm happy with my bias and opinion. Be happy with yours.

I haven't belittled anything, i disputed

Claiming a performance was our ''most offensive'' when we didn't score is incorrect. 'Offensive' is defined as ''used for attacking'' and the best measure in footballing terms of attacking prowess is goals. We had 1.2 less shots on target than our season average, despite having 12% more possession than average. Remind me of the criticism levelled at Cocu: ''lots of possession, no end product''... oh the irony

There's no bias from me there, just facts... ?

6 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Think Duane's a top bloke but his performance was shocking on Saturday. I like this was the best rebuttal you could offer, basically confirming my point; the only stat that truly matters (and ultimately means anything) is number of goals... We built-up faster but were equally inept in and around their box, therefore not improving in the critical area. 

Too busy playing on PlayStation all night 

22 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Too busy playing on PlayStation all night 

Why get a manager before takeover. Sam would probably want to see the takeover in place first before signing. Sammy Lee as sidekick. He would get us promoted if given money. One year rolling contract please.

41 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I haven't belittled anything, i disputed

Claiming a performance was our ''most offensive'' when we didn't score is incorrect. 'Offensive' is defined as ''used for attacking'' and the best measure in footballing terms of attacking prowess is goals. We had 1.2 less shots on target than our season average, despite having 12% more possession than average. Remind me of the criticism levelled at Cocu: ''lots of possession, no end product''... oh the irony

There's no bias from me there, just facts... ?

Are we the lowest scorers in the four divisions. If so that is somewhat offensive to some.

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Burnley and Sheffield United have scored just 4 goals

So it is just in the EFL, GofC. We can get there by Xmas. Records are there to be broken. Our 11 point benchmark is somewhat under threat this year also. Did we get a trophy for that or just a mahogany spoon. You have to laugh when you do not know how to fix things. I did not imagine that we would be bottom of the league at this stage. COYR

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

So it is just in the EFL, GofC. We can get there by Xmas. Records are there to be broken. Our 11 point benchmark is somewhat under threat this year also. Did we get a trophy for that or just a mahogany spoon. You have to laugh when you do not know how to fix things. I did not imagine that we would be bottom of the league at this stage. COYR

No not this year. Burnley won last night and Sheff Utd are losing by the one goal.  IF they get a striker at any point they will finish around 20-25 points.  Villa in 2016 and Huddersfield who somehow picked up five or six late points were the ones.

Archived