Max Bird

Richard246

th

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

its not a battle to see who is right you keep expecting us to be the finished article when there is a lot of work going on from top to bottom and means lots of hours of work but we have only just started to give Cocu some players that he actually appears to want so needs to be cut some slack...you want it all now ...and would be happier with a spendthrift manager trying to buy success when Cocu has been brought in because of how he coaches youngsters and makes profit from those players generating money to buy players or missing parts of a team...Cocu like all managers is not flawless and will have his critics...some City fans moan about Pep so you're not alone...but you seem so impatient and see a lot of things that I dont personally see  ...like saying its drummed into Bird to not go forward etc when this is only your opinion but it is always an underhand dig at Cocu and his coaching because you don't beleive in what hes doing or don't rate him or whatever.but do you know how frustrating it is to coach people then see them not carry it out when you've seen them do it multiple times in training etc ..I'm trying to give a bit of balance thats all because i see some of the negatives you perceive as positives if....if...we want to progress...was never going to happen overnight and as i said before if at the end of this season we are seen to not having progressed and have given Cocu the players he wants within reason of course then it can be re evaluated but at this moment he needs a bit of patience...he is our first ever foreign coach...give the bloke a chance and try not to jump on everything and think its easy what the club is trying to do...it isn't....and it takes time so take all the excuses away from Cocu and in time if it is not right he will have nowhere to go but blame himself or perhaps he is not right for us at this time but at the moment I'm right behind him and Mel giving the kids a chance and seeing if we can build a sustainable model and solid foundations to enable us to compete if we were to ever get to the prem

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Our record before lockdown with Rooney and Bird together in the side was OK.

Played: 10

Won: 4 - Drew: 3 - Lost: 3

There were some fantastic performances - Stoke at home, Swansea away and Sheffield Wednesday away.

But the overall spell probably seemed better than it actually was, one because we had been so bad before January and two because we were playing bottom half sides by and large.

For me, I just feel we need to keep raising the bar and we won’t do that by continuing with Bird and Rooney as a double pivot.

Better teams will exploit it as our results in July proved.

Our downturn in form coincided with Lawrence and Waghorns suspensions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

An interesting interview with Max Bird after the game yesterday but also talks about training and 'clean slates' and 'no-ones guaranteed to get in the team now..' 

The transition must be hard, from mates to manager, especially for the players.

Rosie and Wazza for example, not Liam and Wayne.

Fair play to Max, out the team again and like last time when he was dropped he’s responded and was one our best performers yesterday. I’d back him to keep his place in the team for the remainder of the season now and the media will be hailing him an outstanding season prospect again as he undoubtedly is

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Fair play to Max, out the team again and like last time when he was dropped he’s responded and was one our best performers yesterday. I’d back him to keep his place in the team for the remainder of the season now and the media will be hailing him an outstanding season prospect again as he undoubtedly is

If we go for a midfield 3 he misses out for me...Bielik, Knight and Sibley.....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

If we go for a midfield 3 he misses out for me...Bielik, Knight and Sibley.....

Bielik has to get fit first and I’d quite like to see Bird Knight and Sibley, don’t think we’re quite ready for that. Think we need Rooney’s experience there at least in short term.

If we went 4-2-3-1, could have Bird and Knight in the 2 with Sibley at 10. Bielik battling to take Bird or Wisdom’s spot.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bielik has to get fit first and I’d quite like to see Bird Knight and Sibley, don’t think we’re quite ready for that. Think we need Rooney’s experience there at least in short term.

If we went 4-2-3-1, could have Bird and Knight in the 2 with Sibley at 10. Bielik battling to take Bird or Wisdom’s spot.

I want to see Bielik in midfield, think he will be our enforcer, enable us to play 433 and free up others to push forward. Bird to fill in when needed ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I want to see Bielik in midfield, think he will be our enforcer, enable us to play 433 and free up others to push forward. Bird to fill in when needed ?

I think Bird could be play further forward with Bielik as the anchor, although that means on of Knght and Sibley not playing there.

That, and somehow Rooney must be shoehorned into the team....

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Bird could be play further forward with Bielik as the anchor, although that means on of Knght and Sibley not playing there.

That, and somehow Rooney must be shoehorned into the team....

That’s what frustrates me about the Rooney situation, holding back our best formation and starting X1 ?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney is the anchor, we need his quality and experience on the pitch.

I'm sure some will feel you have missed the W from one of your words, however I agree. He has that extra quality in his passing that no one else has within the team, the younger players will learn more playing alongside him then they ever would through every day coaching.

Archived