Football without fans is....

ariotofmyown

...freaking boring.

It was ok for a bit when last season restarted, for the novelty and we won a few games. And watching a high quality Champions League final full of megastars worked.

But run of the mill Championship games! Only 2 out of 12 games in the league had both teams scoring. (0 from 2 so far in Prem).

Today was marginally less boring than the Barrow game. Those England games were dire. Sounded like Palace game was boring.

I'm gonna give Lpool vs Leeds a go. If that one is bad, then I might stop watching games on TV.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

...freaking boring.

It was ok for a bit when last season restarted, for the novelty and we won a few games. And watching a high quality Champions League final full of megastars worked.

But run of the mill Championship games! Only 2 out of 12 games in the league had both teams scoring. (0 from 2 so far in Prem).

Today was marginally less boring than the Barrow game. Those England games were dire. Sounded like Palace game was boring.

I'm gonna give Lpool vs Leeds a go. If that one is bad, then I might stop watching games on TV.

Glad I’ve unblocked you now, I couldn’t agree more. Top post ??

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Glad I’ve unblocked you now, I couldn’t agree more. Top post ??

I never knew you had blocked me, didn't realise you were so precious. You need to toughen up a bit when some of your more outlandish points of view are put under a modicum of scrutiny.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I never knew you had blocked me, didn't realise you were so precious. You need to toughen up a bit when some of your more outlandish points of view are put under a modicum of scrutiny.

I’m just a mardy b@stard when all said and done, it happens when you reach your 40’s (so I’m told) 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

...freaking boring.

.... ?? do you feel revitalised? 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

...freaking boring.

This really sums it up for me. Doubt I will watch highlights of any games this weekend. I usually record match of the day but cannot be bothered.

... interesting.

If today's game had been played out in front of fans there would have been groans, booing at half and full time, calls for fans to get behind the players etc.

The players and management have less place to hide as it shows it's really down to them on the pitch with no positive or negative influence from the stands. Fans not getting behind the team in the stadium is an excuse that can't be used any more.

32 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

... interesting.

If today's game had been played out in front of fans there would have been groans, booing at half and full time, calls for fans to get behind the players etc.

The players and management have less place to hide as it shows it's really down to them on the pitch with no positive or negative influence from the stands. Fans not getting behind the team in the stadium is an excuse that can't be used any more.

Or rather than it just been an excuse, perhaps the crowd can really make a difference? I we didn't all moan and groan as much, maybe that would inspire the players to do better.

Archived