Football without fans is....

ariotofmyown

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Shame, I like watching the odd National League game down here too ?

Haha, you would of enjoyed the Barrow game last week then. ?? ?

Back on topic, having some fans, irrespective of the small numbers, made a big difference to watching it on tv, and the home players seemed to enjoy it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Or rather than it just been an excuse, perhaps the crowd can really make a difference? I we didn't all moan and groan as much, maybe that would inspire the players to do better.

True. What I meant but didn't put very well is that it's interesting seeing games with no fans, with one variable that might affect the outcome now taken away.

Not interesting in that I'd rather be there as shouting at my laptop isn't quite the same experience. 

49 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Get yersens down your local non-league sides.

Can have 600 at Mickleover now which is more than enough. Easy to socially distance and you can have a pint whilst standing to watch the game. Oh, and they need your money to survive a lot more than league sides do.

Mickleover's capacity is 1500, so them having 600 there is like us having about 10k. Anyone know why our ground has to remain empty?

Football without fans is what it is, a poor imitation of the game that we love and that’s the truth.

I’ve also found it hard to watch games outside of Derby, the lack of a true atmosphere leaves you with that feeling of watching a behind closed doors pre season game, you just have that empty feeling watching like the game has no importance.

Tried to watch Birmingham v Brentford today but after 10 minutes it became just background noise as I found myself just scrolling though my phone.

There are some exceptions, Liverpool v Leeds today was a great game due to the lack of defending. 

Football without fans is nothing that is clear, my only hope is, well I have 2 actually, the first is that fans are allowed back in soon and that Sky and BT Sports recognise this when they start moving fixtures around with no thought for the thousands of fans that attend they risk alienating what is a vital part of football, us.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Football without fans is nothing that is clear, my only hope is, well I have 2 actually, the first is that fans are allowed back in soon and that Sky and BT Sports recognise this when they start moving fixtures around with no thought for the thousands of fans that attend they risk alienating what is a vital part of football, us.

The first you might see in the next 12 months, the second is highly unlikely in our lifetime.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

The first you might see in the next 12 months, the second is highly unlikely in our lifetime.

Unfortunately you’re probably right, money talks at the end of the day and Sky are a business, they want to show the most interesting games even if it leaves Southampton fans having to travel to Newcastle at short notice midweek moving from a Saturday 3pm.

It’s almost a cliche now that football without fans is nothing, but this really should be the wake up call the game needs. But it won’t.

Archived