v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Reading, a passing side, scored from a direct ball that we weren't prepared to defend against. We thought they'd pass it around and let us press them for fun. 

And we adamantly refuse to give them a reason not to press. 

It's a boring cycle of every game under Cocu only broken by Rooney's ability to beat a press. 

Why wouldn't you press Derby? Wtf are Derby going to do about it? Nothing. Just pass to the other full back. 

You can buy Neymar and Mbappe and they would still look up and see an entire team to beat. 

I hate hoofball but there's a reason teams go to hoofball tactics. This is like when Spain played 10 midfielders and wondered why they got battered. There's a point to this game and sometimes you have to remind an opponent that you are going for it. And the point isn't how long you can go without troubling the goal.

I refuse to believe you need to buy a winger to stretch a game. You don't have to have a number 7 on your shirt to chase a diagonal ball. 

Oh, Reading also scored the first from a set piece won by an inaccurate cross. 

1 hoof, a light press, a crap cross and a corner has resulted in 2 goals and a great chance. From a possession side. 

Barrow had 2 best chances of the last game, how? 

The way we play is just as rigid as a Pulis team. We're not crap just predictable 

Most predictable style that Rams have ever had in my experience.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I've never really thought so little of a players performance I've considered it a 1 out of 10 - but so far Marriott is well in consideration to be the first.

I’d give him 2/10 just for the air shot and failed back heel, both gave me a chuckle 

Struggling to find positives today.

Marshall may have conceded two but for the first, poor defending and Knights only job was to protect the near post and yet he couldn't stand in the way.

2nd and its incredibly poor tracking and positioning by Wisdom.

He is looking at least a step up in the keeping department.

A decent turn from Marriott, who's shot from range is deflected out for a corner. Better, but Byrne was in acres of space on the right. 

Bird's corner is deep to Forsyth but he can't collect, it bobbles about and out for another Derby corner. 

Archived