Computer / Video game that lived up to the hype (for you)

JG400

8 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I never got far at all. Yet I kept trying. Wonder if I would be any better now.

I have played it maybe 10 years ago and I thought it would be easy. It wasn't. Still run low on fuel and armour pick ups. 

Great games though, weren't they?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

The Team17 games on Amiga. Particularly Project X and Super Frog. They were awesome - anyone know if they can still be found anywhere (without actually buying an old Amiga)?

I remember Project X been over shadowed by another Team 17 release, Apidya, a shoot'em up where you were a wasp.

On 25/08/2020 at 21:58, r4derby said:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

What a masterpiece. If you like open world games, this is one of the best. If you like Zelda games, this is the best. It crams so much into the game, and yet still has so much more to offer. It's a massive map, yet you encounter so much. The storylines are great, the characters are well done and the mechanics just work. 

The Switch is worth buying for this game alone. And I think the Switch is great anyway, but this game is fantastic.

Hyrule warriors, age of calamity is coming out in November. A canon prequel to BOTW. My daughter and I are very excited. I don’t even care what the game play is like, I just want to see what happened 100 years ago. 

52 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Hyrule warriors, age of calamity is coming out in November. A canon prequel to BOTW. My daughter and I are very excited. I don’t even care what the game play is like, I just want to see what happened 100 years ago. 

Yep, I’m with you! Looking forward to seeing what they do for Zelda’s 35th anniversary next year. The Super Mario 3D Allstar’s looks really good and exactly what I want them to do with Zelda.

Would be happy with Ocarina, Twilight Princess and Wind Walker remastered on the Switch!

11 hours ago, r4derby said:

Yep, I’m with you! Looking forward to seeing what they do for Zelda’s 35th anniversary next year. The Super Mario 3D Allstar’s looks really good and exactly what I want them to do with Zelda.

Would be happy with Ocarina, Twilight Princess and Wind Walker remastered on the Switch!

I’m having that 3D all stars. My little boy has got really into Mario. Started with Mario kart, Mario party, Mario maker, and watches endless videos about Mario. He loves it. I think he’ll loves 3d all stars. I never had an N64 so never played Mario 64, but heard great things. 

ive owned, played and completed the 3 Zelda games you’ve mentioned. My daughter and I played twighlight princess on the wii (although, to be honest, it was just me playing and her watching). She loves Zelda, I think she like link a bit too much. It’d be great for her to be able to play those games and really have an opportunity to experience the whole back story. 

in fact, now you got me thinking about it, I’m really tempted to get the remastered links awakening. That was the first Zelda game I played, on the game boy. 

i just don’t have time to play these big RPG games now. I only got botw cos of lock down. 

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m having that 3D all stars. My little boy has got really into Mario. Started with Mario kart, Mario party, Mario maker, and watches endless videos about Mario. He loves it. I think he’ll loves 3d all stars. I never had an N64 so never played Mario 64, but heard great things. 

ive owned, played and completed the 3 Zelda games you’ve mentioned. My daughter and I played twighlight princess on the wii (although, to be honest, it was just me playing and her watching). She loves Zelda, I think she like link a bit too much. It’d be great for her to be able to play those games and really have an opportunity to experience the whole back story. 

in fact, now you got me thinking about it, I’m really tempted to get the remastered links awakening. That was the first Zelda game I played, on the game boy. 

i just don’t have time to play these big RPG games now. I only got botw cos of lock down. 

Great thing about the Switch, it is truly a pick up and play console. Doesn’t matter how big the game, it loads instantly!

Links Awakening would be great for you. I’m on the final dungeon, and it’s taken me about 10-12 hours to get there (including finding extras etc) so not a big game. But it is charming, has a good story and great fun! Think you (and kids) will love it. My 7 year old boy likes playing it. 

Archived