Computer / Video game that lived up to the hype (for you)

JG400

Whats the one game that actually lived upto the hype for you , that game that when you first saw it made you think wow that is going to be awesome and when you got it , it was

For me I'm going a long way back ...

Secret Weapons fo the Luftwaffe  Lucas Arts 1991 , when I saw the game in the magazines it just looked so good and I still remember picking the box up the day it was available from First Byte in Main Centre and boy did it live up to the hype the game was brilliant on so many levels , gobsmacked that it has never been re-made

And of course if you want to list the game that was the exact opposite then why not, trouble is there  are so many ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

the_hobbit.jpg

Bloody kids today dont know they are born.....

Nowt like waiting for ages for the game to load....that feeling of euphoria as it actually does and you dont get some error.  Playing the game and the excitement as you wait for a bloody door to be drawn on screen.

No going online to find out how you get through Mirkwood, you have to wait for the hints and tips section in ZX Spectrum monthly or whatever it was called.

Sith Happens

99C50B345B5DBDC01F

I dont think ive spent as much time playing a game as this on my Acorn Electron.

Crap Graphics but a great game that I was so excited to get one Christmas.

Just 100% completed Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Possibly my proudest achievement in life so far.

totally lives up to the hype. I bloody love Zelda games. 

I think my 10 year old daughter is starting to discover boys though. I keep catching her playing it, and dressing Link in just his pants. 

There was a great game called... it might have been into the darkness??? On the game cube. 

it was fantastic, and the best bit I’d that your character starts going slowly mad. And the game would do weird things to think you were also going mad, like it would just randomly start you from 3 rooms previous, or your characters head would explode for know reason and then you’d start from a few rooms back, or the screen would just fade to black, or you’d get an error message pop up. 

It was a great game in its own right, but i loved the way it broke the fourth wall like that. It was genuinely affective to give you the creeps. 

Edit: eternal darkness: sanity’s requiem, that was the one. 

Archived