Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Mafiabob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can only seeing them going one way now. Smacks of Bolton when they went with Sammy Lee after Big Sam left. They’ll be back in L1 before they know it.

Interestingly, only just noticed Bolton’s current manager is Ian Evett?!?!?????!! When the fluck did that happen???

On 08/08/2020 at 15:53, ramsbottom said:

Can only seeing them going one way now. Smacks of Bolton when they went with Sammy Lee after Big Sam left. They’ll be back in L1 before they know it.

Interestingly, only just noticed Bolton’s current manager is Ian Evett?!?!?????!! When the fluck did that happen???

Very recently.

On 08/08/2020 at 15:53, ramsbottom said:

He got Barrow into the football league then left for Bolton a couple of months ago

I see Bournemouth have sold Ake for £40m and have interest in King from PSG £?m & rumours of Brooks to Liverpool for £35m. How on earth do we compete with that as well as parachute money?

Just have to hope I suppose that our youngsters prove to be better than exceptional, Marriott finds his shooting boots again post injury and PC & team become better than Brian Clough. 

21 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I see Bournemouth have sold Ake for £40m and have interest in King from PSG £?m & rumours of Brooks to Liverpool for £35m. How on earth do we compete with that as well as parachute money?

Just have to hope I suppose that our youngsters prove to be better than exceptional, Marriott finds his shooting boots again post injury and PC & team become better than Brian Clough. 

I don't see Bournemouth struggling down here for too long. It's a travesty they were relegated considering the ability within their team. I don't even think they really need to add to their squad, even if they lose a few players. I imagine they will invest at some point, hopefully large money on bad eggs. 

It would be more difficult to keep them down than it would be to get them up considering the current climate. 

Eddie Howe is one of the most overrated managers about in my opinion which is mostly down to the mythology of the rise of plucky little Bournemouth. Completely found out at Premier League level when the finances that had shot Bournemouth up the leagues could no longer hide his tactical deficiencies or pretty shocking 'eye' for talent. The net spend of Bournemouth even in the premier league has been consistently one of the highest in the past 3 years and they've just gotten worse and worse. Going with the assistant seems like a bad move- they're seeking continuity when they should be looking for a fresh start.  

On 03/08/2020 at 12:09, tomsdubs said:

People talking about Howe like he's good? Remember when he flopped at Burnley and got homesick so asked if he could go back to Bournemouth? His signings are terrible as well for the money spent. One of the most overrated managers, he's OK but people here talking like he's going to win something are nuts IMO.

One club wonder for me. Can see him scrapping a living in the second tier or below but anything better??? Not for me. 

Archived