Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Mafiabob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reality he'd probably took them as far as they could go, and remedial work next season would only result in him eventually hitting the same ceiling.

They don't own the stadium, they have a cat 3 academy, they don't have any tangible improvement to show for 5 seasons of PL football.

Probably will do him good to take a sabbatical and recharge his batteries while awaiting his next opportunity, his stock could only sink lower if Bournemouth tank next season, and probably wouldn't get higher if they succeed.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

?

87E4A167-445B-4FD5-AD8C-D1B8489AE675.jpeg

Must say as amusing as that would be I can't see it. 

Can you imagine that press conference' what really attracted me to the job was getting away from those twits who support Leeds. There constant whining and persecution complex was driving me too despair. Dropping back to the championship and moving to an area where people spend all day navigating overcrowded beaches and avoiding burger boxes filled with human excrement was preferable.'

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, JfR said:

Does anyone else have a completely unfounded feeling that Bournemouth are going to struggle next season, or is it just me?

Yep, felt it before too, I can see them doing a Wigan/Sunderland

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why?

I like him. Articulate and engaging speaker, feels good that he's part of our coaching set up. Of course none of us really know his true value in that role. But hey, if they offer us significant compensation then i would be happy for Mel's staff sale fundraising stream continuing for a 3rd year! All very unlikely but he does seem to have a decent media profile which could give a chance at management at a decent level.  

Two, very good managers out of work at the minute in Howe and Hughton. 

whatever club is lucky enough to snap them up will do well.

i reckon Howe would be a good fit for Bristol City, would take them to that next level that Johnson just couldn’t seem to do. Reckon he would have them up in a season, 2 max 

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

I like him. Articulate and engaging speaker, feels good that he's part of our coaching set up. 

I watched him on Sky recently - the Play-offs, so we came into it a little bit - and some of his views seemed a bit 'textbook' (I can't be specific, as I can't remember exact points, just a thought I had at the time). So I agree with your first bit, but I don't know about how good an addition he is to Cocu's team. It would be interesting to know if Cocu would chose him or if he'd prefer his own choice. 

12 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

In reality he'd probably took them as far as they could go, and remedial work next season would only result in him eventually hitting the same ceiling.

They don't own the stadium, they have a cat 3 academy, they don't have any tangible improvement to show for 5 seasons of PL football.

Probably will do him good to take a sabbatical and recharge his batteries while awaiting his next opportunity, his stock could only sink lower if Bournemouth tank next season, and probably wouldn't get higher if they succeed.

Exactly this.

Seems a natural place for the parting of the ways, certainly on the Howe side.

I think Bournmouth will be OK, their size as a club is irrelevant, if it was they'd never have been a top flight club, it depends really on their owner.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I watched him on Sky recently - the Play-offs, so we came into it a little bit - and some of his views seemed a bit 'textbook' (I can't be specific, as I can't remember exact points, just a thought I had at the time). So I agree with your first bit, but I don't know about how good an addition he is to Cocu's team. It would be interesting to know if Cocu would chose him or if he'd prefer his own choice. 

Interesting, I didn't watch that. Its quite rare to have an original perspective on Sport i reckon but his overall manner is impressive to me. Yes, I'm curious too whether over time Cocu will replace a few behind the scenes having had time to see how people fit and what they can offer.  He specifically mentioned fitness as an area for improvement (I think) at the end of the season so could be an area he wants he own people.  When you add Rooney in we seem to have a larger than usual coaching staff. As usual, we wait to see what finances might dictate.

Archived