Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

50 minutes ago, S8TY said:

The moment Bogle is shipped out the better ...wait for it ???? Oh he’s young he’s learning blah blah yaaaawn ! Had enough ...this lad will NEVER be a top player at this level and I will stand by that ....lacks desire to defend and NEVER learns from his errors .....please get rid if possible 

Don’t agree with this, not sure what evidence there is he doesn’t have “desire”, seems to work very hard to me

Entitled to your opinion of course 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Jram said:

Don’t agree with this, not sure what evidence there is he doesn’t have “desire”, seems to work very hard to me

Entitled to your opinion of course 

He’s Craig Ramage. 

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Was a problem in every single game last season. 

This.

The lack of pace in our side is frightening. 

Honestly can't think of anyone in this team who's got the pace to run at a defender. 

We lack so much pace and creativity.

Look at that team today. 

Lawrence, Holmes, Sibley and Waghorn all missing. They are pretty much our only creative outlets. 

We need 3/4 players in the attacking third.

3-0 to Brentford looks alot worst than it achually was missing alot of ket players in our 1st until 60mins and we were only 1-0 down and then basically our youth team + a couple (bennett/Evans) to make a very young second string team even tho we conceded another 2 i dont think that's that bad! Very interesting to see no roos yesterday 

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We've got some youngsters with pace haven't we? Just maybe not the ones who were in the team today?

Yes,  our youngsters have pace but they are often playing on the break with space around them as the academy games tend to be end to end.

The way Cocu sets us up to ensure possession first gives the opposition the time to set themselves and pace becomes less important than hold up play and an eye for threading the ball through tight defences. 

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

3-0 to Brentford looks alot worst than it achually was missing alot of ket players in our 1st until 60mins and we were only 1-0 down and then basically our youth team + a couple (bennett/Evans) to make a very young second string team even tho we conceded another 2 i dont think that's that bad! Very interesting to see no roos yesterday 

An earlier poster said that Bogle got beaten at the back post for their 2nd. was he still on or was he also replaced on 60mins?

14 hours ago, S8TY said:

The moment Bogle is shipped out the better ...wait for it ???? Oh he’s young he’s learning blah blah yaaaawn ! Had enough ...this lad will NEVER be a top player at this level and I will stand by that ....lacks desire to defend and NEVER learns from his errors .....please get rid if possible 

So what error did he make yesterday, that he hasn't learnt from previous mistakes? 

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bogle beaten in the air for the 2nd

Bogle followed his man, the player that scored started on the edge, to our left centre of the box, next to Evans, who left him to mark the player Davies was with, Bogle ended trying to cover last second and people start blaming Bogle for last ditch attempt to get to a player that was free. 

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

So what error did he make yesterday, that he hasn't learnt from previous mistakes? 

It was the same as previous goals ball floated to back post Bogle beaten ...look at Wembley first goal and numerous times last season ...needs to learn ...but it is not happening 

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It was the same as previous goals ball floated to back post Bogle beaten ...look at Wembley first goal and numerous times last season ...needs to learn ...but it is not happening 

Watch the goal again, and track the player who scored. 

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

Bogle followed his man, the player that scored started on the edge, to our left centre of the box, next to Evans, who left him to mark the player Davies was with, Bogle ended trying to cover last second and people start blaming Bogle for last ditch attempt to get to a player that was free. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

46 minutes ago, rynny said:

Watch the goal again, and track the player who scored. 

When a player goes or runs into your six yard box or danger area your RB should be covering that unless he’s drawn across because centre back is missing ...this last season he gets caught time and again ...I heard Davies tearing him a new one after the goal at Charlton ...I want my FB to be first and Bogle is consistently second ...he must improve his defensive awareness ...one it two yes but last season there was more than that ...in one after match interview with Cocu he just managed to stop short of singuling Bogle out for poor awareness but everyone knew who he was talking about ...don’t get too defensive about it ....he could and I emphasise could ...be a good player but this side of his game must improve ...my lad similarly just got released from a pro club and at 16 he needs to learn too but Bogle is 19 now and the errors in his game have to be seen to be going in the right direction that is all I’m saying 

16 minutes ago, S8TY said:

When a player goes or runs into your six yard box or danger area your RB should be covering that unless he’s drawn across because centre back is missing ...this last season he gets caught time and again ...I heard Davies tearing him a new one after the goal at Charlton ...I want my FB to be first and Bogle is consistently second ...he must improve his defensive awareness ...one it two yes but last season there was more than that ...in one after match interview with Cocu he just managed to stop short of singuling Bogle out for poor awareness but everyone knew who he was talking about ...don’t get too defensive about it ....he could and I emphasise could ...be a good player but this side of his game must improve ...my lad similarly just got released from a pro club and at 16 he needs to learn too but Bogle is 19 now and the errors in his game have to be seen to be going in the right direction that is all I’m saying 

All I take from your post is that you've either not seen the goal, or you've made you mind up that Bogle is at fault for the goal and nothing is going to change it.

On the off chance it is the former the player circled is the one who scored, Bogle is with his man, and stays with him, he makes a last ditch attempt to make up for someone (Evans) not following his man. 

Screenshot_20200827_122955.jpg

Archived