Cocu's 5-Man Shortlist

Nuwtfly

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So that means the big clubs have even more protection over the smaller clubs?

Certainly does. The EFL are free to help its members out as well, but i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for them to do something beneficial.

On 17/07/2020 at 19:37, Rambalin said:

Lammers is valued at £6.3 million on transfer market and in January 2019 according to hitc was a target for Newcastle and was being compared to Marco Van Basten back them.

Remember Candido Costa getting compared to Luis Figo

On 19/07/2020 at 16:19, sage said:

I think it may be a case of Cocu's transfer budget will be what he raises in sales and saves on net wages. 

Obviously speculation but you’d expect there’s going to be a very short list of players that we aren’t open to selling.

Sibley, Bird and Bielik are off the table but I genuinely think anyone else could go. I would say Bogle but you’d expect Cocu is aware of Ebosele and would be willing to give him a go. Would add much needed pace to the team as well.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Obviously speculation but you’d expect there’s going to be a very short list of players that we aren’t open to selling.

Sibley, Bird and Bielik are off the table but I genuinely think anyone else could go. I would say Bogle but you’d expect Cocu is aware of Ebosele and would be willing to give him a go. Would add much needed pace to the team as well.

I suspect Bielik may be very much ON the table.......in all senses?

But seriously, if we got a decent offer in, we might just take it as I cannot imagine he was Phil's choice.

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But seriously, if we got a decent offer in, we might just take it as I cannot imagine he was Phil's choice.

Te Wierik is clearly Cocus first actual signing.

The rest were Franks signings, or ones he had identified.

We would have had Ethan Pinnock of Brentford also if the managerial situation had have been sorted sooner.

33 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd be surprised if he wasn't Cocu's choice - can't imagine he would have sanctioned such a high fee (and likely most of his transfer budget) on a player he wasn't particularly keen on.

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Te Wierik is clearly Cocus first actual signing.

The rest were Franks signings, or ones he had identified.

We would have had Ethan Pinnock of Brentford also if the managerial situation had have been sorted sooner.

Pinnock would have been a good signing 

7 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Never heard of any of them except the lad we've been allegedly trying to sign from day one of the Cocu era.

They're all absolutely vital to the very survival of the football club. Open your chequebook Mel.

It seems that he has had his chequebook open every single week that he has owned us 

44 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm cool with that. 

I don't claim to have 100% foresight,  merely 100% opinion.

Yeah I find it fascinating there’s so many Bielik non-believers on the forum.

Interested to see what it is that’s turned people off from him so quickly, knowing what we know now it’s not unreasonable to think that Bielik isn’t a Cocu signing but I doubt it.

What is it that would want you accepting a decent bid for him?

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Interested to see what it is that’s turned people off from him so quickly, knowing what we know now it’s not unreasonable to think that Bielik isn’t a Cocu signing but I doubt it.

He said he wanted off if we didn't go up in two seasons. not what you really want to hear from a player a few weeks after signing. 

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Only that he wasnt cocus choice, he has yet to absolutely cement his place, and cost a shed load of cash.

I'm agnostic on him, so as I said, would need to be a decent offer IF we needed to raise funds for the other positions we think we need to strengthen. 

Archived