Cocu's 5-Man Shortlist

Nuwtfly

17 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I can understand your cautiousness but from the brief performances I’ve seen of him I think it’s evident he’s headed for higher levels than this. He’s a very good player. Needs to mature tactically a bit but the ability is there. 

In all honesty I've seen nothing to back that at all, quite the reverse in fact. From what I've seen he has a looseness in control of the ball which means he's always under pressure without the pace to retrieve an error. He actually looks slow and very average.  I don't see him as a centre half due to his lack of pace and awareness, at Birmingham he couldn't dislodge Shotton.  I hope I'm wrong as the money spent may be all we have for a while. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, GenBr said:

Loyalty is nonsense. The club or the fans don't show any loyalty to the players, so I fail to see why the players should be held to a higher standard. Any player who says they want to stay at Derby for the rest of their career is a goddamn idiot. Below is what Bielik actually said - he wants to try his best to get us promoted, but if doesn't work out he wants to try and get back to the Prem. If he does well for us we shouldn't be standing in his way out of some misguided notion of "loyalty".

“I’ve signed a five-year contract. My ambition is a promotion with the Derby County team,” 

“If it does not happen this season, we will try next year. If we do not succeed next year, I do not know what will happen, because I would like to play in the highest league.

“However, if it happens in two to three years, that’s fine.

“I will fight to get there with my current team but if we don’t succeed, there may be a club from the Premier League that will want to loan or buy me out.”

Yep, all fine. But why sign a 5 year contract then? It get its about financial stability for him as a player and the club as an investment. But if his mind set is 2-3 years and he knows his ambition is to get to the Prem...why 5 years? What is stopping the club keeping him under contract at the club for the full term of the contract? What if we ended up getting relegated in that time, suddenly he's a league 1 player with 3-4 years left on his contract. He's going nowhere!

Like I said, I get it really. I guess I am just playing devils advocate. Some players do earn loyalty from the fans. Not the majority who have been at the club for a season or 2. But look at Bryson, the majority of fans love him and will look back at his time fondly. Chrissy too. Now you see the vocal minority winge and moan, but lets be clear, they do not represent the views of the fanbase as a whole!

14 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Yep, all fine. But why sign a 5 year contract then? It get its about financial stability for him as a player and the club as an investment. But if his mind set is 2-3 years and he knows his ambition is to get to the Prem...why 5 years? What is stopping the club keeping him under contract at the club for the full term of the contract? What if we ended up getting relegated in that time, suddenly he's a league 1 player with 3-4 years left on his contract. He's going nowhere!

Like I said, I get it really. I guess I am just playing devils advocate. Some players do earn loyalty from the fans. Not the majority who have been at the club for a season or 2. But look at Bryson, the majority of fans love him and will look back at his time fondly. Chrissy too. Now you see the vocal minority winge and moan, but lets be clear, they do not represent the views of the fanbase as a whole!

The five year contract will be because if the club has paid a possible club record fee for a player that even if he isn't as successful as we hope he will still have some resale value  (yes I know, Butterfield), then we will be able to recoup that money. And what if he's really successful and on a two or three year contract? He could walk away on a free or vastly reduced fee. I personally don't see a problem with the guy having ambition. If he does his best then he will either help Derby County be promoted or get his big move. Either way win/win for Derby.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.takvim.com.tr/spor/2020/07/27/ferdi-kadioglu-icin-transfere-izin-yok/amp

Transfer is not allowed for Ferdi Kadıoğlu!

Ferdi Kadıoğlu, who had a great break in Fenerbahçe, has offers from the Dutch and British teams.  However, Fener administration conveyed that they are closed to offers to Ferdi's manager.

Sport

Monday 27.07.2020

Ferdi Kadıoğlu, who had a great break in Fenerbahçe, has offers Transfer is not allowed for Ferdi Kadıoğlu!

Ferdi Kadıoğlu, who had a great break in Fenerbahçe, has offers from the Dutch and British teams.  However, Fener administration conveyed that they are closed to offers to Ferdi's manager.

On 26/07/2020 at 11:16, richinspain said:

The five year contract will be because if the club has paid a possible club record fee for a player that even if he isn't as successful as we hope he will still have some resale value  (yes I know, Butterfield), then we will be able to recoup that money. And what if he's really successful and on a two or three year contract? He could walk away on a free or vastly reduced fee. I personally don't see a problem with the guy having ambition. If he does his best then he will either help Derby County be promoted or get his big move. Either way win/win for Derby.

Yep, beneficial to the club. I understand how contracts work for clubs and players etc. However, you didn’t answer my question - why would Bielik sign a contract of that length? Surely a 3 year deal is better, as he then knows in 3 years he will either be in the Prem with Derby and get a pay rise, or else not be there and is free to join a Prem team. If he’s so ambitious, why does he not trust his own ability that he will be good enough by then?

I get why 5 years works for the club, I don’t get it for an ambitious international joining a second division side...

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Yep, beneficial to the club. I understand how contracts work for clubs and players etc. However, you didn’t answer my question - why would Bielik sign a contract of that length? Surely a 3 year deal is better, as he then knows in 3 years he will either be in the Prem with Derby and get a pay rise, or else not be there and is free to join a Prem team. If he’s so ambitious, why does he not trust his own ability that he will be good enough by then?

I get why 5 years works for the club, I don’t get it for an ambitious international joining a second division side...

Sorry, I understood it the other way round but now I've read it properly. I couldn't really say why he would sign. Maybe Derby wouldn't give him the money he wanted on a shorter contract? Maybe he knows that he could virtually force a move if he thought that we weren't going to get promoted and a prem club came in for him?

On 22/07/2020 at 22:59, Taribo said:

A few weeks after signing.

I want Bielik to be an absolute rock for us, the new Igor, but without trying to antagonise, I think he’s clumsy and I’ll-disciplined. It’s still early days but he was often caught out of position at CB and didn’t track back at CDM, plenty of silly fouls given away too.

I’d love to be proven wrong though

Sounds like every Arsenal and ex Arsenal cdm/centre back of recent years. 
I do think he’ll come good. I think Rooney will be really good for him in that regard as well. If he can get a run in the first team and build his confidence and fitness back up I think he’ll do really well. Rooney could be instrumental in getting the best out of him as well. He’ll give him hell if he does not track back or gets caught out of position. I’d like to see Bielik in a three at the back as well. There is a classy player in there somewhere.......

I think early season Bielik was trying to do too much to help a struggling side. It showed.

When he comes back he will just have to do his own job because he'll be able to rely on his teammates to do theirs. Then we will see how good he is.

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think early season Bielik was trying to do too much to help a struggling side. It showed.

When he comes back he will just have to do his own job because he'll be able to rely on his teammates to do theirs. Then we will see how good he is.

Arsenal fans were sad to see him go and much rather they had sold players ahead of him.

Charlton fans absolutely loved him and am I right in thinking he was their POTY?

Obviously some Derby fans are far more qualified to pass judgement than Arsenal fans, or Charlton fans who watched him for an entire year.

There was clearly a plan with Rooney and Bielik, along with Clarke they would be the spine of the team. Unfortunately injury struck.

Totally agree with the trying too hard, I felt against Charlton he was trying so hard to show us what he was about as well as showing the Charlton fans what it was they loved about him. He clearly got it wrong.

Archived