Test Cricket is Back

sage

6 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

Haven't been able to watch much other than bits of the starts of each day so far since it starts so late for me, how are u lads feeling in terms of confidence?

After that last wicket of Brooks...not very 🙄

5 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

Looking like the match is probably going to be left into the hands of the England bowlers unfortunately 

Over here in Blighty when things look a bit iffy we can call on the weather to help out, Unfortunately it looks like we're going to have a hot summer 🙄bloody typical 😁

It's that time in every ashes series in England......

....getchya rain dance on.

"Oh lord of rain affected draws, give us this day our batters reprieve, deliver us from bazball, thyne showers come, thyne will be done on the outfield as it is on the wicket, give us this day our daily plastic poncho, forgive us our skyed shots, as we forgive those LBW against us......"

8 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Over here in Blighty when things look a bit iffy we can call on the weather to help out, Unfortunately it looks like we're going to have a hot summer 🙄bloody typical 😁

I remember how annoyed I was with the WTC 2021 final, I would stay up until 4 am each day to watch it and all of the rain delays/cancellations were making me lose my mind, as much as England fans might be praying for it right now I have to say I'm quite happy the forecast is sunny LOL

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So it's bazball when we winning and terriball when it all goes a bit crap?

Always the case in sport 😂

personally I’m not a huge fan of it, I don’t mind an aggressive intent, but a good test cricket team need players with different skillsets to give it balance and the ability to play in different ways.

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So it's bazball when we winning and terriball when it all goes a bit crap?

No. Aggressive intent to be applauded 100%.
However, this masks an inability to defend. The brainless thing is that without Lyon, Australia are vulnerable.

This afternoon would have been easier except we’re not going to get there!

I don’t think I have seen such appalling batting. Stokes should take some responsibility and tackle the brainless top orders complete lack of intelligence. How stupid have they been when playing hooks when the field is set deep. If they haddducked and swayed for 10 overs the Aussies would have returned to standard bowling. It’s just not acceptable from supposedly good batters. 

Just now, Somersall Ram said:

I don’t think I have seen such appalling batting. Stokes should take some responsibility and tackle the brainless top orders complete lack of intelligence. How stupid have they been when playing hooks when the field is set deep. If they haddducked and swayed for 10 overs the Aussies would have returned to standard bowling. It’s just not acceptable from supposedly good batters. 

It's the same macho toss that brought that declaration on Day 1 at Edgbaston