Test Cricket is Back

sage

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Ali out now.

"oh I think this is a trap. I know, I'm gonna walk right into it because this is the way."

Before the series I thought england would lose 3-1, maybe 2-1 but yes, the 5-nil is looking on the cards.

Ali must be the most frustrating of batsmen. He looks good and then plays a stupid shot. 

57 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

The catching as been the difference between the two sides in this series and the difference between the two keepers as been huge 

This.

And to add, I've seen some...poor, Abject, Disappointing and stupid batting strokes in this Mornings session, I was brought up on John Edrich, Geoff Boycott, Chriss Tavare, 3 batsmen that were horrible to watch, They played a boring and long game as a test match lasts 5 days and were a pain to get out, That declaration in the 1st test in the 1st innings is looking more and more a bad decision.

It looks as tho our batters have forgotten how to defend a ball or leave a ball and they have to look to attack every ball 🙄    

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

This.

And to add, I've seen some...poor, Abject, Disappointing and stupid batting strokes in this Mornings session, I was brought up on John Edrich, Geoff Boycott, Chriss Tavare, 3 batsmen that were horrible to watch, They played a boring and long game as a test match lasts 5 days and were a pain to get out, That declaration in the 1st test in the 1st innings is looking more and more a bad decision.

It looks as tho our batters have forgotten how to defend a ball or leave a ball and they have to look to attack every ball 🙄    

There was a weird stat I heard during the first test that Duckett had left a total of 9 balls in his test career. 

58 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Yesterday Root was more the guilty which has cost us this. He knows that and is hurting. We’ve become a sub standard fielding side this series which is alarming 

They both dropped 2 chances which they should have taken,granted Roots cost more runs, but Bairstow as been poor all series,to be fair our catching generally as been poor but Bairstow as got a big pair of gloves to aid him

I think it’s a bit like some Derby teams we’ve seen in recent years, players may be putting in 100% effort for a manager and trying to make a project work, but if they aren’t quite convinced or have any doubt about what they are trying to do it simply won’t wok consistently 

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There was a weird stat I heard during the first test that Duckett had left a total of 9 balls in his test career

Wow!, Entertainers we've become since the birth of 20/20, Ramp shots, Reverse sweep, Paddle shot...it's just not cricket 😁

I'm not knocking the convicts as so far they've done a good job...but bloody hell talk about giving them a helping hand 🙄

Well I see they're giving us a helping hand...Starc and Murphy  😉

12 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think it’s a bit like some Derby teams we’ve seen in recent years, players may be putting in 100% effort for a manager and trying to make a project work, but if they aren’t quite convinced or have any doubt about what they are trying to do it simply won’t wok consistently 

I have the same problem with my foo yung.