Milwall v Derby Player Ratings

sage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Both kept possession well. I’d say Bird had a bit more impact, but I don’t get the criticism of Lawrence.

Bird set up the second goal with the superb timing of his pass. I just don’t see how they score the same.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ll Downgrade Lawrence to a 6 if it bothers you ? Bird was good and so was Lawrence imo.

Keep working on it. Eventually you might get a set of scores that resembles the match ?

9 hours ago, sage said:

Everyone seems very happy which seems weird for us, so let's have a thread where we can disagree with each other

Hamer 6 - Couldn't do anything with either goal and made 1 good save but terrified me with the ball at his feet

Bogle 7 - Did well going forward but gave the ball away for the first goal

Forsyth 6 - Got outmuscled for the first goal, but got an assist for the third

Clarke 6 - General play was very good, but should have taken the responsibility for both goals

Wisdom 5 - Was decent apart from when he thought he was Franz Beckenbauer which was far too often

Bird 7 - Did well but now needs to take more responsibility with ambitious passes

Rooney 7 - Controlled the first half, but struggled when they pressed 

Holmes 5 - Had a poor game. Struggled with how congested it was on the right hand side in the first half.

Sibley 9 - Would have had a 10 (and 5 goals) if his right foot was as good as his left. Bloody brilliant though.

Lawrence 4 - Continuously gave the ball and made an error for their second goal.

Waghorn 7 - Held the ball up well , hit the bar with the free kick and set up the second nicely.

Tolerance +/- 2. 

Bogle - 5. Thought he was to slow crossing. Always cutting back back when an early cross was needed

Rooney - 7. Bang on. The mans class

Bird - 8. Better than rooney. Always on his front foot in space wanting the ball. 

Sibley - 11. Nuff said

Another than that bang on

9 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Tolerance +/- 2. 

Bogle - 5. Thought he was to slow crossing. Always cutting back back when an early cross was needed

Bogle was having to cope with having Holmes in front of him.

21 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I would give Sibley 1 out of 10 as I want to see him play for us next year, the way he is playing I bet the perm scouts are pissed off they can’t see him in the flesh. Would be surprised if we have a couple of bids for him in the summer 

Dear Sirs,

I would like to make it clear that despite recent rumours on social media, that my perm scouts have no interest in anything relating to Derby County footbal Club, or their players.  Nothing that grotty little club does is of any interest to myself, and most certainly not to my perm scouts. 
In fact, their interest is solely concentrated on making sure I look my usual fantastic best at all times, for which, I remain eternally grateful.

Yours,

Mr S Gibson.
Parmo Springs
Teesside.

23 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Do your own ratings then you grumpy old sod ?

bird > everyone (except sibley)

that’s as much as you’ll get out of me,

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I thought Rooney was > Bird.

Got caught in possession a couple of times, but I agree it was close

On 20/06/2020 at 17:07, sage said:

You could always state your own. We did concede 2 and they missed 2 one on ones.

I agree with the ratings. Our defence is our weakness. Shouldn't really need to score 3 to win a game against a very average Millwall. 

18 hours ago, europia said:

I agree with the ratings. Our defence is our weakness. Shouldn't really need to score 3 to win a game against a very average Millwall. 

Whilst I agree with your overall point, Millwall were, and still are, play-off contenders so calling them "very average" is to demean the excellent performance put in by our team.

Archived