RamsTV tech help

TomBustler1884

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Nope as per EFL guidelines, this doesn't work for first team games. You need to use HDMI into your TV from a laptop or phone.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Casting isn't allowed, but there's nothing to stop you screen mirroring.

The most stable way and clear image for me was to go to DCFC.co.uk on my TV web browser, log-in and watch from there.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Casting isn't allowed, but there's nothing to stop you screen mirroring.

They are fundamentally the same thing. There's too many variables though; devices, browsers, TV manufacturers/software, what streaming stick is used. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Screen mirroring will largely depend on your internal network speed and computer and a lot of the time you'll just end up with a low quality, pixelated, blocky image with dropped frames and out of sync audio.

I agree that the best way is to use the TV web browser (though that can depend too. Fine on my 7 year old Sony upstairs but poo on my 2 year old LG) or just plugging directly in.

I have mirrored my (Samsung) phone to my Roku for dctv before. I think I've done it for live first team matches, but not 100% sure (usually I do laptop plus hdmi). Mirroring is different to casting, no idea if it's intended to be not allowed by efl rules, though I don't really understand why they (efl/sky) don't want casting to be possible. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

Any reason a lightening AV adapter from an ipad to hdmi on tv would not work for this?

No, it works ??

5 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Is there a way to cast RamsTV from your mobile to your telly using Roku?

Have you got Chromecast (cost about £30 from loads of places including Asda)?

If you have then you should be able to Chromecast from your mobile (assuming you've got a smart phone and a HDMI socket on your TV). I can do it from my Blackberry Key One and, if it works on Blackberry it should work on pretty much anything.

Having said that, I prefer an HDMI cable from my laptop.

I've got a pc in the back bedroom, and a 14" portable telly on top of the wardrobe in the front bedroom.  I have jump leads, a camping fridge that works of both 12v and mains, and a 12v socket in the car, but the ignition has to be on for that to work.  I also have a double waterproof socket on the shed, and some hair clippers (new this virus).

Any tips?

Oh... one of the jump leads has lost the crocodile clip.  Don't know if that's important.

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've got a pc in the back bedroom, and a 14" portable telly on top of the wardrobe in the front bedroom.  I have jump leads, a camping fridge that works of both 12v and mains, and a 12v socket in the car, but the ignition has to be on for that to work.  I also have a double waterproof socket on the shed, and some hair clippers (new this virus).

Any tips?

Oh... one of the jump leads has lost the crocodile clip.  Don't know if that's important.

Thanks in advance.

Don't get the jump leads and hair clippers mixed up.

49 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Use the pc to stream ramstv. Fashion a basic chair from the portable TV. Plug the fridge in and chill 4 cans of your preferred beer. Do all this in the shed, as SWMBO will want some jobs doing 5 minutes before kickoff. 

Cut your hair, if you look like a hippy. 

Use jump leads to hang yourself after the inevitable defeat. Crocodile clip not important. 

35 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

frustrated star trek GIF

Actually, we really did have one on top of the wardrobe, years ago!  We got it out the catalogue.  £2.78 p/w, over 40 weeks!  Bright yellow it was!  We watched about 3hrs on it, over 10 or 12 years, then dumped it when we finally re-decorated the bedroom, as it no longer matched the walls! ?

Problem was, as we got older, the picture got smaller, the volume got quieter, and it didn't do subtitles! The neighbours could hear it before we could! ?

We haven't had a "second telly" for about 15 years now, as we don't even watch a great deal on the one we do have. 

If DCFC get promoted, I might treat us to one of those fancy flat screen ones.  Yer know... the sort that don't come built in to a teak-effect cabinet!  ?

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Actually, we really did have one on top of the wardrobe, years ago!  We got it out the catalogue.  £2.78 p/w, over 40 weeks!  Bright yellow it was!  We watched about 3hrs on it, over 10 or 12 years, then dumped it when we finally re-decorated the bedroom, as it no longer matched the walls! ?

Problem was, as we got older, the picture got smaller, the volume got quieter, and it didn't do subtitles! The neighbours could hear it before we could! ?

We haven't had a "second telly" for about 15 years now, as we don't even watch a great deal on the one we do have. 

If DCFC get promoted, I might treat us to one of those fancy flat screen ones.  Yer know... the sort that don't come built in to a teak-effect cabinet!  ?

I had one as well,a Pye 14 portable colour tv.

When you had to twist the aerial to get a picture.

Archived