Who remmber deon burton

B4ev6is

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/05/2020 at 17:24, 1967RAMS said:

Poor mans Nick Blackman 

Sorry, I just don't understand that.  He was a decent player for us in one of the most exciting teams in the clubs recent history. Burton was in the Rest of the World XI, sharing a dressing room with the likes of Brazils Ronaldo and Argentine Gabriel Batistuta. How many Rams players have that on their CV?  

lived next door to a mate of mine .  He used to go out with Scary Spices sister, who may have been an actress . Quite a nice bloke apparently, but his car stereo was a pain in the arse.  I can remember him going on a little run of games perhaps starting away at Sheff Wed , where he scored crackers for a few games , other than that squad player really. 

I remember him coming back from injury to play a couple of times after we had been relegated and everyone thought he was the second coming after scoring I believe a good goal against Sheffield United... then we sold him just cause we are Derby.

i do also remember him taking one of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen against Ipswich in that relegation season. If you mention the name Deon Burton to my dad he still says ‘why didn’t he just bloody smash it in’.  

10 hours ago, europia said:

Sorry, I just don't understand that.  He was a decent player for us in one of the most exciting teams in the clubs recent history. Burton was in the Rest of the World XI, sharing a dressing room with the likes of Brazils Ronaldo and Argentine Gabriel Batistuta. How many Rams players have that on their CV?  

It wasn’t meant to be taken seriously, it was a little jesting of B4’s dislike of Nick Blackman 

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

thought he was good player, didnt he have a stint on radio Derby commentating on games and got alot of stick for being honest and negative of the team?? 

You might be thinking of Deano. Sturridge did the commentary during our ill fated 11 points season. He immediately noticed how crap the team were and said so, repeatedly. He got a lot of unfair criticism for being miserable. What the hell was he meant to do?

3 hours ago, Anon said:

You might be thinking of Deano. Sturridge did the commentary during our ill fated 11 points season. He immediately noticed how crap the team were and said so, repeatedly. He got a lot of unfair criticism for being miserable. What the hell was he meant to do?

Appreciate the desire to stop Villa scoring a seventh 

Ramage missed his moment that year, innit?

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Appreciate the desire to stop Villa scoring a seventh 

Ramage missed his moment that year, innit?

We nick a late consolation goal whilst losing 6-2 to Arsenal.

"There's summat speshul 'appnin 'ere"

Finished his career at my local club, Worcester City (see my profile photo), and helped us reach the first round of the FA Cup for a second year running in 2015. A class player. I was there to applaud him off the pitch on his last game. 

Many years before as a kid I saw him play for Derby in a pre-season friendly against Real Mallorca too, I believe. 

11 hours ago, Anon said:

Yep it Sturridge 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived