Who remmber deon burton

B4ev6is

I always like doen burton I know many people say he was not out and out goal score but he use to a bit of magic when need it most. I bet if was playing today he would make up good team with homes and wyan roony.

Who else remmbers him.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I always like doen burton I know many people say he was not out and out goal score but he use to a bit of magic when need it most. I bet if was playing today he would make up good team with homes and wyan roony.

Who else remmbers him.

I remember his goal against Villa in the 1998/99 season... cracking strike with his wrong foot.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Who else remmbers him.

Poor mans Nick Blackman 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Who else remmbers him.

I seem to remember him being announced as "The Derby County player who has won most international caps whilst playing for the club" or something extremely similar?  

CBA to google it!  

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sat in the North Stand one day when he scored the first against Leicester in a 3-2 defeat (including the infamous Robbie Savage "swallow dive" for the winning pen).

Handy player in his time,  but went off the boil. Where did he go to after Derby?

Just about everywhere I think

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sat in the North Stand one day when he scored the first against Leicester in a 3-2 defeat (including the infamous Robbie Savage "swallow dive" for the winning pen).

Handy player in his time,  but went off the boil. Where did he go to after Derby?

Did okay with a few lower league teams and ended up playing in Azerbaijan if I remember right.

10 minutes ago, GuiseleyRam said:

Just found this to confirm my thoughts...while at Derby County, Deon Burton once came on as a substitute for the Brazilian Ronaldo (in a pre world Cup 1998 draw exhibition game). 

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/362025/1998-world-cup-draw-ronaldo-batistuta/

This has more highlights

https://www.givemesport.com/1207786-what-happened-when-a-european-xi-played-a-rest-of-the-world-xi-before-the-1998-world-cup

Archived