Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Bear in mind , I refuse to watch films containing anything to do with ,  Elves , goblins , fairies , wizards , robots , zombies , vampires , unessesary violence , imaginary lands, aliens , talking animals , torture , war. 

:)   I highly recommend Sing Street ! 

Shame it had such a limited cinema release . Wasn't on within 40 miles of me. I ended up watching it on google play . Wonderful film. I'd say you need to be of a certain age to enjoy it . I'm 56. 

5 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Bear in mind , I refuse to watch films containing anything to do with ,  Elves , goblins , fairies , wizards , robots , zombies , vampires , unessesary violence , imaginary lands, aliens , talking animals , torture , war. 

Shame it had such a limited cinema release . Wasn't on within 40 miles of me. I ended up watching it on google play . Wonderful film. I'd say you need to be of a certain age to enjoy it . I'm 56. 

Awesome film, took me right back.

Saw the new 'Dad's Army' the other day. Roared into my top ten sausage films of all time, finding a berth between 'Little Nicky' and 'FlyBoys.'

6 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Bear in mind , I have no imagination and am the human equivalent of dry white toast

Fixed that for you, mate.

I've also only heard good things about Sing Street for months now.

Arrival

A linguist professor is signed up to try to communiate with aliens when 12 of their craft appear suddenly and hover over various global locations.

A film about aliens but not at all in an "Independence Day" way and all the better for it. Great acting, sound, story, strong message and good plot twist.

Felt a bit like Contact, to watch, but thankfully without the rubbish ending.

8/10

40 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

forced myself to re-watch Ronin last night, having seen it about 15 years ago and it not making a positive impression on me.

I have to say, it did nothing to change my mind, a load of old nonsense with a couple of car chases.

5/10

Blimey, if you thought 'Ronin' was bad, where would that leave 'London has Fallen'????

19 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Arrival

A linguist professor is signed up to try to communiate with aliens when 12 of their craft appear suddenly and hover over various global locations.

A film about aliens but not at all in an "Independence Day" way and all the better for it. Great acting, sound, story, strong message and good plot twist.

Felt a bit like Contact, to watch, but thankfully without the rubbish ending.

8/10

I saw this on Saturday at the cinema. Very good, should get a few Oscar nominations (sound and music most like). 

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 12:29, Mostyn6 said:

forced myself to re-watch Ronin last night, having seen it about 15 years ago and it not making a positive impression on me.

I have to say, it did nothing to change my mind, a load of old nonsense with a couple of car chases.

5/10

Thank God..someone else thought what I did. Keep thinking I need to watch it again, must have missed something as you always see it talked about as a classic. Whereas I thought it was average, cliche-ridden fluff.

Is there a 'nowhere near as good as the hype' thread? I'll put on my tin hat and throw a couple of grenades into that category...The Deer Hunter; 2001 Space Odyssey, Kill Bill....

50 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Thank God..someone else thought what I did. Keep thinking I need to watch it again, must have missed something as you always see it talked about as a classic. Whereas I thought it was average, cliche-ridden fluff.

Is there a 'nowhere near as good as the hype' thread? I'll put on my tin hat and throw a couple of grenades into that category...The Deer Hunter; 2001 Space Odyssey, Kill Bill....

Good idea for a thread, go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2016 at 09:04, Wolfie said:

Saw Fantastic Beasts the other night.

Mrs Wolfie absolutely loved it. I didn't. Couldn't get into it, fell asleep & missed most of the first half, so can't really give a rating.

My wife and I went to see Fantastic Beasts last night. As a Potter fan, I loved it. Worth the 3D too, as it just enhances the magic. My wife, not a Potter nut like me, also really enjoyed it. Accessible to all.

Verdict: 9/10

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

My wife and I went to see Fantastic Beasts last night. As a Potter fan, I loved it. Worth the 3D too, as it just enhances the magic. My wife, not a Potter nut like me, also really enjoyed it. Accessible to all.

Verdict: 9/10

Yeah my Mrs is definitely a bigger Potter fan than me but I found Eddie Redmayne's character's mannerisms really annoying & they grated on me. I think that's why I couldn't engage with it to begin with.