Yard & Backyard Closed. Ticket Office phone/online sales only and Megastore online only

Day

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well what happens if some having probleams reniewing or because age band has changed on them.

Enough now B4, I mean come on lad! There's stuff that matters more than football. These measures are in place to keep people safe and prevent deaths from this virus. If a few folk simply have to pick up the phone it's hardly a hardship and surely a 'price' worth paying if it helps save lives! 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well people like I get confused over the phone and forget what people say to me. Were I rather see someone face to face. Even if reduce opening till 2pm something like that.

B4 mate, I know you're stressing out about all of this, many others are.  I know how important the Mighty Rams are to you, but if there's no games, there's no tickets to be sold, so there's no point keeping ticket office staff and visitors exposed to potential infection.  Keep the faith, fingers crossed with the measures everyone is (hopefully) sticking to, we'll all be back watching our beloved team sooner rather than later.  I for one can't wait to read your Friday afternoon rallying cries again.

COYR

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well people like I get confused over the phone and forget what people say to me. Were I rather see someone face to face. Even if reduce opening till 2pm something like that.

Couldn't a friend or relative make the call for you?  Or sit beside you and use the speaker phone, so they can help if needed?

We're all supposed to be avoiding face to face, where we can.  And hugs!  And handshakes!  Even passing tickets from hand to hand!
That's why you've been laid off at work.  For your protection, as much as your punters.

Reducing opening hours wouldn't help, as unfortunately, this virus is at work 24/7... but nobody can see it, or hear it, or smell it, so we don't know it's around until it's too late! 
Admittedly, many of us may well survive if we do catch it.  For most of us, it won't be much worse than having a bad cold for 4 or 5 days.  But the problem is we may pass on the virus to others less strong, who may then not survive.  People who are already unwell with other problems.  People who are old.  People like your neighbours, who you are already trying to help in other ways.  These are the people we are most trying to protect, as they aren't strong enough to beat the virus.   
It's serious poo, mate.!  It's scary times for us all, and we're all in it together. 
We've even got to start caring about Forest fans, and it's even more dangerous for them, because of all the interbreeding.  Their genes are well messy!  We may well hate them, but we don't really want them all to die, do we?  Who would we laugh at then!  

Hey, nobody wants the ticket office to close.  We want to be buying tickets for the match.  DCFC want to be selling us tickets to match.  But we can't.  It ain't safe, so we're all going to have to wait until it is safe again.  Hopefully weeks.  Probably months.  maybe a year.  Nobody knows, so all we can do is wait.

Bear with it, mate.  As we all are having to do.  None of us are enjoying this, but all we can do is bear with it, and hope for the best.

Stay strong.  Stay safe.  And stay Derby County.

Archived