Stadium Capacity

WystonRam

6 hours ago, angieram said:

That central segregation was way over the top. There was only a thin strip between United fans and the South Stand (where you might anticipate a little bother) but to separate a whole block down the halfway line right next to the East Stand pussycats (not even the ones who usually stand near the away fans) is a little bizarre. 

I know that due to partitioning in the concourse they can't open that whole block, but they could have used half of it with the entrances same as those for the first few columns of East Stand fans - we wasted a fair few pounds of income there, I reckon!

East Stand pussycats???

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were away at Hull in second leg of play off semifinal there were literally only 10 rows between us and the Hull fans with a bit of skewwift netting and very few stewards. I was right on the end and did wonder what would have happened if we'd gone on to win the tie overall.

Luckily we didn't win and I live to tell the tale! 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

When we were away at Hull in second leg of play off semifinal there were literally only 10 rows between us and the Hull fans with a bit of skewwift netting and very few stewards. I was right on the end and did wonder what would have happened if we'd gone on to win the tie overall.

Luckily we didn't win and I live to tell the tale! 

I remember going to Newcastle sometime in the 90s-Hoult was in goal- and the only segregation was that there was an aisle between us and the geordies with a steward sat on the end of every second row. Struck me as unusual but no bother as we predictably laid down and offered them the points! 

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Yes they are ??. What i mean is the actual concrete rows. If i remember correctly, lifting up the roof to match the main stand, allows for 15 additional rows, which takes the capacity up to 44,000. 

Hope you are right, I would love to be in there with 43000 plus that would be something.

What was the population of Derby mid 90's when the stadium was being designed/ built?

What is it now?

If you have better and easier access to PP from the town centre and other directions then i think 40,000 seater stadium would work for us.

Media profile and promotion would help too.

Is this due to where you can block off the home and away fans on the course way . Cup games give the away side a larger block of tickets , I think it’s 15% . If the sliding doors can only be shut the other side of the commentary box then that would leave all of the seats in front of it free and would you want to give those seats to Man U fans ? 

5 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

The thread heading is stadium capacity, so that's why I queried it

Yes the thread is but in the opening comment  i did mention league attendance.

“33,289 is the highest league attendance at PPS I believe v Liverpool in 2001.”

Rangers and also England v Mexico were higher as there was no segregation. 

And before anyone points it out I know it was a cup game on Thursday ?

Archived