Coronavirus

1of4

A little extract from our trade publication:-

'Official data released by the Treasury has refuted suggestions that its flagship Eat Out To Help Out scheme contributed to the spread of the deadly second wave of Covid-19'

Goes on to give examples of uptake of the scheme and infection rates

'These figures confirm that the take up of Eat Out To Help Out does not correlate with the incidence of Covid regionally - and indeed where it does, the relationship is negative.'

'Hospitality safely welcomed around 60 million customers a week from July 1 to mid September and during that period less than 1 percent of hospitality staff tested positive and only 3 percent of cases could be attributed to a hospitality setting.'

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

'Hospitality safely welcomed around 60 million customers a week from July 1 to mid September and during that period less than 1 percent of hospitality staff tested positive and only 3 percent of cases could be attributed to a hospitality setting.'

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Then we lifted the majority of restrictions over the summer and they all started rising again

Started rising after summer, I can’t think for the life at me why when winter comes people get ill??? It never happens ever, in history............... 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

A little extract from our trade publication:-

'Official data released by the Treasury has refuted suggestions that its flagship Eat Out To Help Out scheme contributed to the spread of the deadly second wave of Covid-19'

Goes on to give examples of uptake of the scheme and infection rates

'These figures confirm that the take up of Eat Out To Help Out does not correlate with the incidence of Covid regionally - and indeed where it does, the relationship is negative.'

Published by who may I ask ?

I see Joelinton has been fined £200 for a rule breaking hair cut.

That will teach him won't it.

If Newcastle had anything about them there would force him to isolate for a couple of weeks and dock his wages,  which they wont.

I mentioned recently that a friend from way back who used to occasionally come to games with us as his Grandad was my old mans best friend, was seriously ill.

He passed away last night with COVID.

He'd been ill for a few months with kidney cancer but of course it was COVID that finished him off.

The cancer would have got him anyway, so I get why people are frustrated with the stats.

A year younger than me and a truly lovely and gentle man.

Just now, Sith Happens said:

If Newcastle had anything about them there would force him to isolate for a couple of weeks and dock his wages,  which they wont.

Fines are never fit for purpose unless there linked to incoming salary.  He probably spends that on meal .  Someone whose fine is thousands will not pay and the court will give them a plan to clear it over 20 years or reduce it to what they can, as the cost of chasing it is prohibitive.  

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Fines are never fit for purpose unless there linked to incoming salary.  He probably spends that on meal .  Someone whose fine is thousands will not pay and the court will give them a plan to clear it over 20 years or reduce it to what they can, as the cost of chasing it is prohibitive.  

his haircut probably cost more.

I'd like to see the clubs being more responsible but as we know at Derby after the joiners incident,  the punishment will more often than not be based on your value to the team.

25 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

That’ll  larn him!

Newcastle should be made to play him in every game.

48 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

In his defence arent Premier League footballers tested every other day?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In his defence arent Premier League footballers tested every other day?

is his barber ? who else is the barber giving lockdown haircuts too?

being tested doesn't stop you catching and spreading it.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Coinslot.

Thank god for that, I thought it might be a publication with a hidden agenda for a moment.

My *guess* looking at the bolding by @Spanishis he was raising an eyebrow at the stat that suggests 60 million people availed themselves of hospitality every week for a couple of months.

Research conducted by S Lock (no idea who they are, they may be hairdressers for all I know) :

Frequency of Brits eating and drinking in pubs 2019-2020

Published by S. Lock, Nov 19, 2020

Around 40 percent of British adults visit pubs once a fortnight for food and drinks. According to the survey conducted in January 2020, approximately 12 percent buy food and drinks at pubs once a week or more, while almost half of respondents said 'never'.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Coinslot.

Ah, the ones representing the pub trade.

What an eye opener, to think that the eat out scheme could have contributed to the increase in virus cases, how could anyone think that.

I mean only 3% can be attributed to this sector (based upon below) that saw 60 million customers being driven through its doors with one of the most transmissible viruses to ever hit our shores. Luckily our fantastic track and trace looks like it's pinpointed exactly where the other 97% originated from and according to the publication there is no correlation between the two, surely the rest of the country needs to take example straight away from this sector.

Also looks like that from although the most common event recorded was eating out during August / September, reported by 14.6% of people who tested positive, followed by shopping, reported by 13.4%, that because they couldn't exactly pinpoint where it came from, they didn't attribute it to anything, that coin slot have managed to do that. ? 

So it seems it wasn't anything to do with the eat out scheme, what is the government playing at, why haven't they opened the pubs and got them two fat ducks echoing, what more information  do they need ?

On 02/02/2021 at 14:35, G STAR RAM said:
On 02/02/2021 at 14:30, FindernRam said:

We do see other people out (mainly doggie types) but always at a distance.

Sure there will be plenty on here glad to hear that I am lost for words!

Either I phrased it badly or you chose to misinterpret:

For the record my 96 year old mother in a care home has Covid. 7 days after test+ she is exhausted stressed and breathless but so far so good! It follows I am incredibly aware if this virus and precautions.

So: When I said we see other people I meant that literally. On a walk we encounter other people, strangers, and maintain a very healthy distance, usually crossing the road. That is what almost everyone we encounter does and they are on average fairly elderly. Its cyclists and joggers who are the problem for distance, as they are reluctant , or oblivious , of everyone else. However the contact is fleeting.

12 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

is his barber ? who else is the barber giving lockdown haircuts too?

being tested doesn't stop you catching and spreading it.

Ah but the latest stats have not been able to find any cases directly linked to his barber and his union have therefore determined he is immune ?

20 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Wondering why the delay in the organising of quarantining people in a hotel when they entering the country. Surely there must be at least one government minister who's got  shares in a major chain of hotels.

premier inn? ?

18 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Either I phrased it badly or you chose to misinterpret:

For the record my 96 year old mother in a care home has Covid. 7 days after test+ she is exhausted stressed and breathless but so far so good! It follows I am incredibly aware if this virus and precautions.

So: When I said we see other people I meant that literally. On a walk we encounter other people, strangers, and maintain a very healthy distance, usually crossing the road. That is what almost everyone we encounter does and they are on average fairly elderly. Its cyclists and joggers who are the problem for distance, as they are reluctant , or oblivious , of everyone else. However the contact is fleeting.

I could be completely wrong here, but I took @G STAR RAM's "lost for words" comment to be a jape in response to your "doggie types" comment, and the potential confusion with "dogging types"!

At least, that's why I gave it a laughing face reaction... rightly or wrongly.  ?‍♂️

Archived