Coronavirus

1of4

Just now, BIllyD said:

The mutation of the virus shouldn't be overlooked, whilst these are "setbacks" that can be expected, every effort to control their spread should be made.

Unfortunately there are some that don't look at the picture though and see this as some government ploy ?

Doesn’t matter whether it’s a ploy or not ,,, we can’t go on like we are ?‍♂️

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Doesn’t matter whether it’s a ploy or not ,,, we can’t go on like we are ?‍♂️

Which is why the government introduced mass testing to control it. Believe it or not, but the majority of the world doesn't want us to carry on the way we are.

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Which is why the government introduced mass testing to control it. Believe it or not, but the majority of the world doesn't want us to carry on the way we are.

We are never going to get infection s to zero and we are never going to get ALL people to carry on living as we are so harsh as that may sound to some balance will have to be found , think cancer deaths alone are 450 per day in the U.K. in normal times ? We have a new virus that we can’t save everyone from 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

The older generation are the ones I see walking on the high street though, probably thinking it's perfectly acceptable and not breaking any rules

I'm 71 and , with my wife, we walk about 2 miles every reasonably dry day. We do see other people out (mainly doggie types) but always at a distance. exercise boosts our immune system, mental well being. There is no prolonged contact with anyone, nearest is getting a takeaway coffee and that is over 2 metres at all stages and takes seconds. So yes that's perfectly acceptable. Even Hancock says outdoor short contacts are minimal to zero risk.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Also i'm not sure the older generation are well renowned for taking selfies

You've never met my wife, 4000 selfies on her phone! I'm in some of them?.Never see the point myself. Taking a picture of yourself not looking at what you've come to see and blocking it out anyway.

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

We do see other people out (mainly doggie types) but always at a distance.

Sure there will be plenty on here glad to hear that I am lost for words!

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

We are never going to get infection s to zero and we are never going to get ALL people to carry on living as we are so harsh as that may sound to some balance will have to be found , think cancer deaths alone are 450 per day in the U.K. in normal times ? We have a new virus that we can’t save everyone from 

Agreed and that's the plan as I see it. Keep the restrictions in place until those who need protection are protected and then gradually release everyone else, keeping an eye on the hospital numbers. Surely the last thing we want is more cancer deaths because hospital beds continue to be full of Covid patients.

For those who think that this is all a ploy to keep us locked down & restricted for ever, why then has Boris been so consistently slow & reluctant to do so?. Surely he'd be locking us down a lot sooner and for longer if that was the objective?. I don't thnk he's clever enough to come up with that as a double-bluff.

55 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nobody says they are trying to get the infections down to zero. At some point the country will open up again, personally, can't come soon enough, I am unlike @G STAR RAMdesperate to get to the pub and get rat arsed with my mates, not top of my list but is certainly near it ?

The government on this for me have been proactive, had they had a better system is place earlier and done this last year, then one could argue we might not be where we are today. Israel results have already shown the vaccine is the way out of this mess, hats off to our government to where we are today with our programme, but we can't relax and ignore any potential road blocks in this process.

19 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Booked in for my first vaccination on Thursday, second booked for April.

Hope the vaccine is stiil affective against all the variation by the time I get the second jab.

No vaccine is effective against mutations all the time. What you have to hope for is that the protection given is enough to stop a serious case of COVID, which by initial results it should be.

3 hours ago, BIllyD said:

No vaccine is effective against mutations all the time. What you have to hope for is that the protection given is enough to stop a serious case of COVID, which by initial results it should be.

Agree and they will probably end up having to tweak it annually like they do the flu vaccine to keep up with the latest strains.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'd be happy to jail them. No fines - 2 months in the slammer. Call it 'quarantine'.

Perhaps we should lock them up in the nightingales like it was suggested we do with us vulnerable folk ?

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

For those who think that this is all a ploy to keep us locked down & restricted for ever, why then has Boris been so consistently slow & reluctant to do so?. Surely he'd be locking us down a lot sooner and for longer if that was the objective?. I don't thnk he's clever enough to come up with that as a double-bluff.

So naive! Can't believe you don't know that Johnson is really an evil genius. If he had locked down at the right times, then the people would has risen up and demanded our freedom. By dragging his heels, he's made sure enough people die, so people like you get scared that Covid is actually dangerous. Don't say I didn't warn you!

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Sweden seeing similar reductions in indicators as us, their lockdown has seen similar success as ours......oh wait

Worth noting that Sweden is way behind in reporting. I see he has put that caveat and there is a reason behind that, they are ahead off other Scandinavian countries when comparing LFL deaths and positive cases. 

As at the 7th of January, they had recorded 1940 deaths in December (from 1st-31st of December)
As of last week, the total number of December deaths was recorded as 2584.

Not saying the information is incorrect that you are showing, just that it may be not quite up to date.

Archived