Coronavirus

1of4

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You have more faith than me in the abilities of Johnson, Hancock, Williamson etc if you think they are involved in some dark conspiracy.

Johnson is just a hapless narcissist, and has fooled people into thinking spouting some Latin phrases means intelligence. He is totally average and completely out of his depth. If he joined a medium sized company in a management position, he would under perform.

If it isn't sheer incompetence, it would imply that everything we're being fooled into believing is being orchestrated by top levels of government. Which would mean that all those people who thought there was mass incompetence weren't just wrong - they'd been fooled, presumably by some incredibly competent people using incompetence as a disguise?

I don't see it. Maybe we should have seen through Chris Grayling, nobody could be that obviously incompetent. He's actually a mastermind in the machine that's rushing out a vaccine to (benefit big pharma / invoke the new world order / take away public liberties / install nanobot technology in everyone to control them)*

*delete as you feel best, or add your own - it's a new fun game for all the family. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

If it isn't sheer incompetence, it would imply that everything we're being fooled into believing is being orchestrated by top levels of government. Which would mean that all those people who thought there was mass incompetence weren't just wrong - they'd been fooled, presumably by some incredibly competent people using incompetence as a disguise?

I don't see it. Maybe we should have seen through Chris Grayling, nobody could be that obviously incompetent. He's actually a mastermind in the machine that's rushing out a vaccine to (benefit big pharma / invoke the new world order / take away public liberties / install nanobot technology in everyone to control them)*

*delete as you feel best, or add your own - it's a new fun game for all the family. 

Actually, the level of incompetence is so great, it does make you wonder if they are diversion tactics.

Would Rabb really not know that The Channel was important for trade?

Would that Tory MP really not know that people in NI vote on sectarian lines?

Would Johnson, a Tory PM, really say "Fk Business". Or show off about shaking hands with Covid patients?

Would Cummings really sit there and tell the world that he would take his family out for a drive to test his eyesight?

Would Gove, when defending Cummings eye site driving test, claim that he has done the same thing too?

They couldn't all be that stupid surely? It must be a conspiracy!

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You have more faith than me in the abilities of Johnson, Hancock, Williamson etc if you think they are involved in some dark conspiracy.

Johnson is just a hapless narcissist, and has fooled people into thinking spouting some Latin phrases means intelligence. He is totally average and completely out of his depth. If he joined a medium sized company in a management position, he would under perform.

He can't be that foolish though if he is managed to convince so many people to let him become the leader of the country. I think the man is a buffoon, but is he in reality, someone who has come from a political columnist to the prime minster of the country.

Love him or loathe him, you can't deny the way he has managed that journey has been nothing short of impressive, hapless he certainly isn't.

12 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

He can't be that foolish though if he is managed to convince so many people to let him become the leader of the country. I think the man is a buffoon, but is he in reality, someone who has come from a political columnist to the prime minster of the country.

Love him or loathe him, you can't deny the way he has managed that journey has been nothing short of impressive, hapless he certainly isn't.

I suspect our partisan press have a lot to do with promoting our leaders. Plus we have very polarised voters, who vote based on party rather than competence. 

24 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Will give it a shot with the family after we’ve finished playing find the burger but I’m not sure it’s going to be as much fun , will let you and waddingtons know 

11 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Fair point. He is obviously skilled at getting people to believe him when they are clearly aware he is liar.

His performance as Foreign Secretary and PM has been hapless though. 

17 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

There’s where you start to wonder whether people like him are managing they’re own journeys or being managed 

12 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Whilst I won't argue that our government got things wrong, Hong Kong I beleive had the infrastructure from previous epidemics. Europe was totally unprepared, it was new to us, we made mistakes based upon advice from scientists that underestimated the power of this virus. 

Agreed regarding the infrastructure, and the mentality of people who had "been through it before", so to speak.

However, it's worth noting that the USA and the UK had systematically dismantled their 'pandemic-handling' capability over the previous couple of years, and that is entirely down to governments penny-pinching.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed regarding the infrastructure, and the mentality of people who had "been through it before", so to speak.

However, it's worth noting that the USA and the UK had systematically dismantled their 'pandemic-handling' capability over the previous couple of years, and that is entirely down to governments penny-pinching.

Don't forget we were once upon a time not long ago considered the most prepared EU country for pandemic. I suspect we dropped the ball early on, but never stopped to pick it back up.

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I suspect our partisan press have a lot to do with promoting our leaders. Plus we have very polarised voters, who vote based on party rather than competence. 

Is it was that easy then why hasn't any of these more highly intelligent politicians done the same. Without getting into politics, you can which you always will based on the party you follow be a critique of whoever is leading that party, but he is one of only 70 odd people to lead this country.

He will be down in history books as being the PM who led us out of the EU and through COVID (hopefully), he will be up there with the most recognised in years to come, regardless of the job he had made of it. 

He is far from hapless, useless PM, another discussion...

24 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fair point. He is obviously skilled at getting people to believe him when they are clearly aware he is liar.

His performance as Foreign Secretary and PM has been hapless though. 

I wouldn't argue with the last paragraph,  not that I'm saying I entirely agree, but also because it's not an area that I could really say I'm qualified to judge. I'm definitely swayed by headline press on that ?

22 minutes ago, Archied said:

There’s where you start to wonder whether people like him are managing they’re own journeys or being managed 

I would say a bit of both, for me he is not PM material, but I can't help but admire how he got and stayed there.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Very true, what timing ?

34 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I would say a bit of both, for me he is not PM material, but I can't help but admire how he got and stayed there.

Think people don’t always take into consideration how much sway big business and established money has on political parties ( tories?) ,same could be said of the sway unions had / have  on labour , you wonder the same sort of thing with trump on how he got where he did and then possibly turned out to be a total loose cannon 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-55505777

“An analysis of NHS England data from 23 hospital trusts by the Health Service Journal shows that Covid-19 is putting intense pressure on adult acute care and general beds, as well as those in intensive care.

It found that more than a third of these beds were occupied by patients with Covid-19 on Tuesday, and in three trusts – North Middlesex in London, and Medway and Dartford and Gravesham in Kent – the figure was more than half.

Based on the recent rise in numbers, the analysis suggests that all acute and general beds may soon be filled with Covid-19 patients.”

Is the tier system going to work? Is it looking likely we will soon be facing further restrictions and even harder lockdown rules? 

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Is it was that easy then why hasn't any of these more highly intelligent politicians done the same. Without getting into politics, you can which you always will based on the party you follow be a critique of whoever is leading that party, but he is one of only 70 odd people to lead this country.

That is a good point @BIllyD. I guess what Johnson, Cummings and other realised is that being an experienced, serious politician was no longer important to large parts of the Tory party/electorate, especially when they had manipulated people to believe that only they were capable of delivering on one single issue. 

Regardless of their views, Thatcher through to May were all experienced politicians. They all wanted to lead, but also for reasons of serving the country. 

Johnson was just another lying columnist who has created the "Boris" personality. No serious politician would support this fraud, which is why he is surrounded mostly by poor ministers.

Throw in the very difficult Covid situation and his multiple failings are magnified.

Fortunately Johnson is not particularly evil and Trump is not particularly clever, so their brand of populism can not do that much intended damage.

We need to protect ourselves against what might come next. The likes of a Putin in charge of the UK or US.

If you want something real to get worried about @Archied, look into the Russian links to Johnson and Trump.

19 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-55505777

“An analysis of NHS England data from 23 hospital trusts by the Health Service Journal shows that Covid-19 is putting intense pressure on adult acute care and general beds, as well as those in intensive care.

It found that more than a third of these beds were occupied by patients with Covid-19 on Tuesday, and in three trusts – North Middlesex in London, and Medway and Dartford and Gravesham in Kent – the figure was more than half.

Based on the recent rise in numbers, the analysis suggests that all acute and general beds may soon be filled with Covid-19 patients.”

Is the tier system going to work? Is it looking likely we will soon be facing further restrictions and even harder lockdown rules? 

You do have to make the distinction that are beds occupied by people being treated for COVID  or are they being treated for heart attack , liver failure , cancer , road accident or all manner but have been tested and come out positive for COVID , yep quarantine issues arise  but we really need proper figures and straight talking to start comming to the fore 

Archived