Coronavirus

1of4

Due to the virus rates not coming down significantly, my family, spread over three households have decided to forgo our normal get together for Christmas day lunch.

My wife and I are still going to cook lunch for the family but then to have it collected by the other households, luckily the house are quite close to each other. Then plan to sit down to lunch while communicating with each other over zoom.

The normal pulling of the crackers with the grandchildren may pose  a problem.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Due to the virus rates not coming down significantly, my family, spread over three households have decided to forgo our normal get together for Christmas day lunch.

My wife and I are still going to cook lunch for the family but then to have it collected by the other households, luckily the house are quite close to each other. Then plan to sit down to lunch while communicating with each other over zoom.

IMG-20201211-WA0009.jpg

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Its difficult to know what to do. We plan to have my mothers in law (our bubble anyway ) and sister in law and husband who rarely see people anyway. 

Bit annoyed at family on my side who will be having 4 households. I think they could have done differently. 

On 11/12/2020 at 19:14, Archied said:

Well good for him , it seems easier to be happy to be closed down if your making enough to tick over while your competitors are forced to the wall ??‍♂️
you also remind me of a mate who what’s apped our group to tell us he couldn’t believe the amount of people in regent street , erm but he s there??‍♂️, 65 year old diabetic who slates everybody for not agreeing with the rules but is out on the golf course 3 times a week ? 

The landlord is female, but you weren't to know that

Struggling to understand why I remind you of this mate. It sounds like you are criticising him for being a hypocrite, complaining about stuff whilst being part of the problem he's complaining about - whilst simultaneously being one of the most at risk as a result of their/his behaviour.

As far as I'm aware, unless you've been incapable of interpreting my posts - I'm not complaining about anything, or being hypocritical. I was just saying that some pubs are lucky enough to have a business model that allows them to continue to tick over. That's it

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

God I am so fed up of this while popurtaions do what freaking like and to prove my point royal family take there kids to see a patio in London while rest of country are not allowed to have them.

Speak for yourself, I've got a patio, Royal Family are not welcome to see it though.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:58, Stive Pesley said:

Not least because I'm pretty sure there is only one socially acceptable place to change a soiled nappy on an aeroplane...which rather defecates the object.

FTFY ?

Archived