Coronavirus

1of4

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Not quite sure how we're gonna reduce a 2tn and counting debt this time...

I’m sure there’s quite a few on here who will not be bothered, as they won’t have to worry about it as we’re all doomed by this deadly ? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I’m sure there’s quite a few on here who will not be bothered, as they won’t have to worry about it as we’re all doomed by this deadly ? 

Doesn't our National Debt just get wiped out when it reaches 50 years of age? 

Oops - that's just the student debt which is probably not included in the National debt yet!

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

You know how the economy works right? How things are independent etc. I’ll leave it at that 

In the mid 80's in peaked at 12% and that's the highest it's been in 50 years, yet you think it unemployment couple be double that.

In fact, It's only exceeded 15% during 2 periods in the last 150 years. The first in 1921 and the second during the Great Depression 1930-1934 (exceeding 20% only in 1931 and 1932)

31 minutes ago, Norman said:

Obviously not. Seeing as though a moderator has reacted to the post. 

We are trying to stop discussions around the EU and around party politics. @David himself has said that criticism of politicians isn't an issue and he's even posted stuff himself that is critical of the Government response to covid.

If you feel something is out of place, report it. Odds are one of the mods will agree and take it down. The worst thing to do is to complain on the thread, or criticise me personally. 

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In the mid 80's in peaked at 12% and that's the highest it's been in 50 years, yet you think it unemployment couple be double that.

In fact, It's only exceeded 15% during 2 periods in the last 150 years. The first in 1921 and the second during the Great Depression 1930-1934 (exceeding 20% only in 1931 and 1932)

Yep we will exceed the Great Depression, open your eyes look around. The perfect storm is coming with decisions we have made and are making and the storm is not a virus that’s effects <1% of the population. 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We are trying to stop discussions around the EU and around party politics. @David himself has said that criticism of politicians isn't an issue and he's even posted stuff himself that is critical of the Government response to covid.

If you feel something is out of place, report it. Odds are one of the mods will agree and take it down. The worst thing to do is to complain on the thread, or criticise me personally

I don't recall criticising you (personally or otherwise) and I prefer to raise issues with posts publicly rather than hide behind the report button.

For info I also criticised Boris & Hancock on here yesterday due to their mis-aligned and mis-managed tier approach and while there is certainly a blurred line when discussing Covid, the post I highlighted was pure unadulterated politics - if this is the offical 'moderator' stance then I'm taking a break from this thread as it's only going to head one way....though it probably can't go much lower given the glee some posters are consistently exhibiting over Covid death figures....

16 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yep we will exceed the Great Depression, open your eyes look around. The perfect storm is coming with decisions we have made and are making and the storm is not a virus that’s effects <1% of the population. 

Maybe I live in a bubble but I'm not seeing the same as you, and I don't even know a single person to have lost their job since this all unfolded. This is why I'm struggling to see how we can get anywhere near you predicted quadrupling/quintupling of the unemployed in a matter of months.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe I live in a bubble but I'm not seeing the same as you, and I don't even know a single person to have lost their job since this all unfolded. This is why I'm struggling to see how we can get anywhere near you predicted quadrupling/quintupling of the unemployed in a matter of months.

Realistically, I expect it to double by next spring owing to Covid-19, but there are other unknowns which may adversely affect things over the next few months.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/31/uk-coronavirus-job-losses-the-latest-data-on-redundancies-and-furloughs

EDIT: article is from August, expect the financial outlook to worsen as we enter more regional lockdowns over the winter.

42 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I don't recall criticising you (personally or otherwise) and I prefer to raise issues with posts publicly rather than hide behind the report button.

For info I also criticised Boris & Hancock on here yesterday due to their mis-aligned and mis-managed tier approach and while there is certainly a blurred line when discussing Covid, the post I highlighted was pure unadulterated politics - if this is the offical 'moderator' stance then I'm taking a break from this thread as it's only going to head one way....though it probably can't go much lower given the glee some posters are consistently exhibiting over Covid death figures....

Hiding isn't the right way to look at it. If a post is reported, all mods get to see it. You haven't mentioned me in this post but earlier this morning I was @ mentioned as being unfair for removing a post from one poster but not the same post from a different poster. 

I didn't remove the offending post. 

If it had been reported, the mod who removed it would have seen it and either removed it, or given a reason to leave it up. 

As mentioned, report posts you feel breach site rules and all the mods can see and deal with it. Commenting on it highlights it to everyone else instead, as I'm sure it is mainly me reading the thread in the mod team. 

With pubs in tier 3 lockdown areas being allowed to remain open, if they operate as a restaurant that serve substantial meals. Just wondering what people would class as a substantial meal and goes the time of day you eat it, alter that perception? 

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Well I'll have to put up my hands and admit that I've been doing our government a disservice, when I've been calling them a bunch of incompetent bamfords. The government may be bamfords but they are decidedly not incompetent. While the posters on here, along with much of the country have been squabbling between themselves about the coronavirus, the rights and wrongs of lockdowns and how the country should be dealing with it.

Cummings and his mates have been happily stuffing millions of pounds into the pockets of friends and family, for services or products that been either inadequate or totally none existent . This is more than cronyism, this is out and out corruption.

Good job you managed to get the word coronavirus into your rant there or people may have mistakenly just seen this as a political rant...

Archived