Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It seems to indicate quite the opposite.

Anyway, I just read something hilarious (ok, I thought it was funny), regarding Trump's physician reassuring the world that he is a god amongst men:

The report from Dr Conley said: "His physical exam and vital signs, including oxygen saturation and respiratory rate, all remain stable and in normal range." It added: "The president's labs demonstrated detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2-IgG antibodies on Monday October 5th."

Er, what the hell do you think that he was treated with when he went into hospital?

A Big Mac and a KFC family bucket?

I was watching an interview with a professor on Channel 4 news earlier on and he was saying that unless the vaccine we eventually get is perfect and gives long term immunity, all these lock downs are pointless and we are just kicking the can down the road and spreading out the rate of deaths but not making much difference. He also argued herd immunity was good among the younger population and that long term it will be beneficial. Interesting take

Sooooo. 

I'm fit, healthy, 32. Basically, no chance of dying from Covid. 

Say a vaccine comes out. It's obviously been rushed, not tested to the absolute standard of a normal vaccine. What would you do? Get the vaccine, knowing you probably don't need it, or wait to see if there are any mass side effects? 

Do we think the vaccine, if there ever is one, will be mandatory? 

This isn't some anti-vaccine conspiracy like some will try and twist it into. Just a question millions of us will probably ask ourselves towards the end of next year. 

Obviously, if we do all have the vaccine, our lives go back to normal quicker. Or should do anyway. 

Just now, Norman said:

Sooooo. 

Say a vaccine comes out. It's obviously been rushed, not tested to the absolute standard of a normal vaccine. What would you do? Get the vaccine, knowing you probably don't need it, or wait to see if there are any mass side effects? 

This isn't some anti-vaccine conspiracy like some will try and twist it into. Just a question millions of us will probably ask ourselves towards the end of next year. 

Obviously, if we do all have the vaccine, our lives go back to normal quicker. Or should do anyway. 

I'm not taking the vaccine. There is more danger of side effects from it, than is to me of covid. 

Just now, Norman said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. How many millions of people will be thinking the same?

Every single young person I know. My brother has covid at the minute, just got his positive test result back today, he can't smell or taste, but says the rest of the symptoms are more mild than a cold for him. I'll take my chances. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Sooooo. 

I'm reasonably fit, healthy apart from slightly raised blood pressure, 60, Basically a small chance of dying of Covid.

I won't be taking the vaccine but i believe there will be a concerted effort to make it mandatory.

33 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Local lockdowns in Bury, Burnley and Bolton haven't actually stopped the rise in cases at all, and in fact they've continued to grow since the measures were put in place. What's the point? 

Do you actually think that there would be fewer cases without the restrictions?

Some posters have said that, given the choice, they wouldn't have a vaccine if one became available on the basis that the chance of catching Covid is small and even if it happened, the likelihood the symptoms would probably be quite mild.

There seems to be little thought, other than how it might affect them personally, about the potential effect on people they may come into contact with - people more vulnerable than themselves.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Some posters have said that, given the choice, they wouldn't have a vaccine if one became available on the basis that the chance of catching Covid is small and even if it happened, the likelihood the symptoms would probably be quite mild.

There seems to be little thought, other than how it might affect them personally, about the potential effect on people they may come into contact with - people more vulnerable than themselves.

I have no problem with people wishing to catch it in order to 'get it over with' - provided they do so in a manner where they can only pass it on to other like-minded individuals.

Sure, some of them will suffer, a few may suffer long-term consequences, and some may even die, but they can do so safe in the knowledge that they 'took one for the team'.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Quite the ducking leap there, mate. 

On the basis that a vaccine is available, you'd think the vulnerable would be first up and would accept it. Therefore, not really something to consider when deciding for yourself. 

58 minutes ago, Norman said:

Sooooo. 

Don't worry, you won't be getting one anyway ?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-vaccine-head-less-than-half-of-the-uk-population-could-get-vaccinated-12090472

44 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Every single young person I know. My brother has covid at the minute, just got his positive test result back today, he can't smell or taste, but says the rest of the symptoms are more mild than a cold for him. I'll take my chances. 

In that case, you might want to make sure that your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles et al are all aware of your stance and steer well clear of you, at least until they themselves have had the chance to get vaccinated.

8 minutes ago, maxjam said:

30 million adults from a total population of 67 million. 

No under 18s getting it.

Which means 30 million out of about 53 million adults will be getting it? 

Sounds better to me. 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

In that case, you might want to make sure that your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles et al are all aware of your stance and steer well clear of you, at least until they themselves have had the chance to get vaccinated.

Not going to go home until Christmas anyhow, but by ''I'll take my chances'' I mean, I'd rather take my chances without a vaccine. As much as I moan and groan about the rules, I have actually been sticking to them as of present. 

Archived