Coronavirus

1of4

On 21/09/2020 at 12:56, TexasRam said:

interesting thing about how we are dealing with facts in this pandemic. The graph that was headlined "if doubling (of infections) occurred every seven days what would it look like?" shows the number of new infections has actually remained flat for the past 9 days..........

Current projection (the blue line, the red was the crazy forecast)

59636EA7-D293-4581-8A92-11B41EE28BE1.jpeg

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I was so looking forward to going to games and now thanks to stupid goverment this wont be happen. I am always feeling happy that message to from owen bradley and Derby county but yesterday left feeling down and out.

Maybe Boris ought to send you a message mate, I know we’d all like to send him one!

I've seen all of the NHS sites saying that test results could be received up to 72 hours from the test. My asthmatic wife had a test at the Toyota test centre last Saturday (19th) and still no results are forthcoming as of today (23rd).

The NHS Covid site says that if you don't get results within 72 hours then the help line (119) can tell you.  I rung the help line this lunchtime and after spending nearly ten minutes navigating a series of press this, press that instructions they say that due to a high volume of calls they are unable to provide any help for those who haven't had results.

I'm aware of people who took a test in Chesterfield on the same day as my wife who got their results with 48 hours so the system does work - sometimes.

Has anyone on here had a test and how long did it take to get the results please?

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Current projection (the blue line, the red was the crazy forecast)

59636EA7-D293-4581-8A92-11B41EE28BE1.jpeg

But even if you ignore the "crazy forecast" the current projection is somewhat alarming and shows the UK very quickly reaching and exceeding the numbers seen during the peak (apart from one odd day, the peak was just over 5,500).

I could have sworn the pre-edited version of your chart showed previous infection rates and clearly illustrated that we're already very near to those figures.

You wouldn't have deleted that part of the chart because it didn't suit your argument did you? Nah, surely not.

Update: over 6,000 positive cases today so, that well in excess of the previous peak (baring one day when we hit 7,800.

2 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Actual confirmed infections will stay roughly flat or increase slowly as we are currently at or around testing capacity.

image.thumb.png.978fda9130e0b56666ce9722be285b6a.png

Surely that's not necessarily true? 

The number of tests may stay roughly the same, due to limited capacity, but what if a higher percentage of them come back positive?

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But even if you ignore the "crazy forecast" the current projection is somewhat alarming and shows the UK very quickly reaching and exceeding the numbers seen during the peak (apart from one odd day, the peak was just over 5,500).

I could have sworn the pre-edited version of your chart showed previous infection rates and clearly illustrated that we're already very near to those figures.

You wouldn't have deleted that part of the chart because it didn't suit your argument did you? Nah, surely not.

Update: over 6,000 positive cases today so, that well in excess of the previous peak (baring one day when we hit 7,800.

No I haven’t edited anything, honestly as well. Still think we are hamstring ourselves when we don’t really need to. Time Weill tell I guess, but I think the numbers we are saw in spring won’t be repeated and wouldn’t be even if we didn’t have extra restrictions

39 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

I've seen all of the NHS sites saying that test results could be received up to 72 hours from the test. My asthmatic wife had a test at the Toyota test centre last Saturday (19th) and still no results are forthcoming as of today (23rd).

The NHS Covid site says that if you don't get results within 72 hours then the help line (119) can tell you.  I rung the help line this lunchtime and after spending nearly ten minutes navigating a series of press this, press that instructions they say that due to a high volume of calls they are unable to provide any help for those who haven't had results.

I'm aware of people who took a test in Chesterfield on the same day as my wife who got their results with 48 hours so the system does work - sometimes.

Has anyone on here had a test and how long did it take to get the results please?

This was my experience last week. My son was tested at Toyota on Monday morning and we didn't get the results until late Friday evening

I couldn't even get a test slot for me so gave up trying and figured I'd try again if he was positive (he wasn't)

We had the same experience of 119 - total waste of time. But that said, when I was tested in early August the results hadn't arrived after 72 hours so I rang 119 and got through to find that all they do is put a "resubmit" on the test and tell you that you have to wait a further 72 hours, so I wouldn't worry about it - total shambles

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No I haven’t edited anything, honestly as well. Still think we are hamstring ourselves when we don’t really need to. Time Weill tell I guess, but I think the numbers we are saw in spring won’t be repeated and wouldn’t be even if we didn’t have extra restrictions

Funny, I’m sure I saw the table with the previous figures on. It must be my age.

Unless the figures (for infections) drop then we’re already seeing the previous figures exceeded although some of this may of course be down to increased testing.

I believe the theory that the only reason we’re not seeing a significant increase in the level of deaths, even though cases are increasing, is primarily because the less vulnerable are being tested and found to to be infected (therefore death rate is much lower). The worry is though that the more less vulnerable people that are infected the greater the chance there is of them passing it on to the more vulnerable. This is the case Boris was making when he said it’s not just a risk we’re taking as individuals.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Funny, I’m sure I saw the table with the previous figures on. It must be my age.

Unless the figures (for infections) drop then we’re already seeing the previous figures exceeded although some of this may of course be down to increased testing.

I believe the theory that the only reason we’re not seeing a significant increase in the level of deaths, even though cases are increasing, is primarily because the less vulnerable are being tested and found to to be infected (therefore death rate is much lower). The worry is though that the more less vulnerable people that are infected the greater the chance there is of them passing it on to the more vulnerable. This is the case Boris was making when he said it’s not just a risk we’re taking as individuals.

Also if cases have been up for a month, deaths will have risen near proportionally by now following that line of reasoning. Theres other factors in play imo that are leading to less deaths,  either the virus has mutated into a weaker strain so less die and more people are infected as that happens with viruses, or the majority of the most vulnerable have already died or potentially something else. 

41 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely that's not necessarily true? 

The number of tests may stay roughly the same, due to limited capacity, but what if a higher percentage of them come back positive?

Yes they could still increase but not as fast as if we had capacity to test everyone who wanted one.

6178 new cases today, not ideal.

4 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cases are nowhere near as important as deaths or serious cases, especially considering that due to increased testing obviously cases can't be compared accurately to the spring figures. 

Deaths are increasing as are ICU patients it is the same what happened after the first wave their is a lag.

Archived