Coronavirus

1of4

4 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Forgive my ignorance of your business TT but can you sell those same companies a slightly different Covid-19 product - a 1:1 (with 2 metre distance) training programme for those staff working from home but missing out on colleague interaction - keeping them mentally and physically fit.  4 weeks is a long, long time to be working from home if you're not used to it; any longer is a very, very long, long time

We do get a few clients that are 1:1 in their homes, but it’s quite expensive for that, far more economical for a group of 8. 

The company that sells my services (so I’m self employed but mainly work for one company) is trying to sell the idea of remote training sessions, where they can dial into an online meeting room and we screen share, but it’s just not a priority for people right now, and they’re happier to wait til this all blows over, and book a training course then. so I’ll have more work than I know what to do with I’m a few months, I’m sure.

Hopefully enough will take that option, and I might pick up a few hours of consultancy work here and there, to muddle through. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Wuhan and its foul smelling air. There's one hell of a stench and it's making people sick.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-china-wuhan-pollution/

Zhang—who spoke before the current outbreak of an unrelated virus in Wuhan—reserves her scorn for the local authorities and what she regards as their lack of willingness to protect people’s health. “The unexpected kidnapping made me lose faith again in the local government and how unreasonable they can be,” she said.

What's your point?

9 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Oh the pollution is a serious problem. It's far worse than catching a common cold. It's killing people. Where have I said otherwise?

Fair point. Apology. I thought you were referring to the virus originating in the region.

By the way, third time of asking, any response to my challenge to you regarding your claim  of diverting NHS resources and your medical knowledge to question the severity of CV or are you conveniently deciding to ignore this?

25 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

If you've been following the thread you'd know, Hundreds of thousands of people in China are dying of pneumonia every year and the locals aren't happy.

So unfortunately they're dying of pneumonia and also Covid-19. That's a real pisser. I wouldn't dare cross the road tbh.

It feels like when the sea has disappeared from sight and it slowly dawns on the beachcombers that a huge tsunami is on its way. 

Newspaper Die Welt am Sonntag reported that Trump's administration had offered large sums of cash to Germany-based biotech company CureVac to secure rights for the vaccine work, "but only for the USA."

The German government is battling back, offering financial incentives to the company to remain in Germany.

Karl Lauterbach, a senior German politician and professor of epidemiology, said in response to the report: "The exclusive sale of a possible vaccine to the USA must be prevented by all means. Capitalism has limits."

The newspaper said the German government is fighting back by offering financial incentives to the company if it remains in Germany.

A German health ministry spokesperson told Welt am Sonntag that the government was involved in "intensive" discussions with CureVac about keeping the company headquartered in the UK. 

So the above means that the organisation with the current best chance of creating a vaccine for this thing is based in the UK, but is German and they are considering an option to make it exclusively avaliable to the USA market unless someone offers more cash. Look forward to seeing a product that could help the population here and that is being made here sailing out from Liverpool in a couple of months .

I mentioned on here about a year ago that the best scientists in regard to this kind of thing should be part of an internationally run unit paid for by government funding from around the world for best value, efficiency by sharing of information and the ability to benefit everyone .  Didn't know I'd be proved right so quick .

I give up...

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Newspaper Die Welt am Sonntag reported that Trump's administration had offered large sums of cash to Germany-based biotech company CureVac to secure rights for the vaccine work, "but only for the USA."

The German government is battling back, offering financial incentives to the company to remain in Germany.

Karl Lauterbach, a senior German politician and professor of epidemiology, said in response to the report: "The exclusive sale of a possible vaccine to the USA must be prevented by all means. Capitalism has limits."

The newspaper said the German government is fighting back by offering financial incentives to the company if it remains in Germany.

A German health ministry spokesperson told Welt am Sonntag that the government was involved in "intensive" discussions with CureVac about keeping the company headquartered in the UK. 

So the above means that the organisation with the current best chance of creating a vaccine for this thing is based in the UK, but is German and they are considering an option to make it exclusively avaliable to the USA market unless someone offers more cash. Look forward to seeing a product that could help the population here and that is being made here sailing out from Liverpool in a couple of months .

I mentioned on here about a year ago that the best scientists in regard to this kind of thing should be part of an internationally run unit paid for by government funding from around the world for best value, efficiency by sharing of information and the ability to benefit everyone .  Didn't know I'd be proved right so quick .

I give up...

The German health minister has told the Americans to duck off, quite right too.

The company is based in Tübingen, not in the UK, and the American CEO has been sacked.

15 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

The German health minister has told the Americans to duck off, quite right too.

The company is based in Tübingen, not in the UK, and the American CEO has been sacked.

The problem is that they work alongside Johnson and Johnson, or did, for the development of specific flu vaccines.  If that's still the case I can't see this wouldn't happen.  It would probably be a huge own goal relations wise with future cash coming in, but the billions they would be paid they probably won't give a hoot.

13 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Go on tell me nobody as died and it's all just one big conspiracy to sell more bog paper.

There's someone on a shopping channel selling something called cheeky panda toilet roll for 40 toilet rolls and 20 kitchen towels for only 79.99 as we speak.  JUST GONE DOWN TO 39.99. SOLD THEM IN 5 MINUTES

I believe I've cracked the case Columbo-I suspect the architect of this conspiracy is none other than one of heroes .  Keep the racecourses open and the toilet roll selling .

spacer.png

Franny Lee The barrel-chested forward gained a reputation for diving but won 27 England caps, scoring 10 goals. Became a businessman and made a fortune owning racehorses and selling toilet roll - they called him "The Bog Roll King"

Archived